Chapter 2

*ONE MONTH LATER*

"-Ren! Lauren!" huffed Keana in frustration.

"Oh, sorry babe. I'm here," said Lauren. It was a lie, of course. Her heart just wasn't into wedding planning; it was back in thin, white sheets in Havana with a certain art curator.

After coming back from her trip, Keana gave her the tightest hug possible as peppered her face with kisses as soon as she stepped through their New York penthouse. Her fiancée apologized profusely for whatever she did that caused Lauren to run away - again. Keana, of course, never knew what she was apologizing for; she just knew she had to or else.

Lauren wondered this past month if Keana ever she sensed Camila under her skin; if she saw flashes of memories in those green eyes; if she tasted Camila on her lips as she kissed her. If she did, her effort to keep in hidden from Lauren was a successful one.

Currently taste testing for wedding cakes, Lauren felt more guilty about her infidelity than ever. She looked so happy, like she wouldn't trade this moment for any other. Lauren felt Keana's love for her and felt sorry for the girl; she doesn't know when she stopped loving her, she just knows one day she stopped. That's the scary thing about love - you can pour love as hard as concrete and one day, like the ground we walk on, harden in the blink of an eye. Yes, Lauren felt guilty, but not regretful.

"How about this one, baby?"said Keana, bringing a piece of cake to her lips."I know how much you like red velvet."

Lauren sighed, pushing her hand away. "Ke, I don't think one single flavor will do for what, 200 people?"

"You're right!" Keana gasped excitedly. "What if we have our cake layered and each contains a different layer. "What do you think, baby?"

"Anything you want, Ke," The singer tried her best not to roll her eyes for the hundredth time that day, eager to get back to the studio.

"Thanks, baby," said Keana, pressing a chaste kiss to her fiancee's cheek. The couple tried two more cakes before the manager of the bakery, and a good friend of Lauren's, appeared from the back room.

"Ally!" Lauren greeted her with a hug, so did Keana with with a kiss on her cheek. Lauren and Ally have been friends long before the singer's career had taken off. She was there for Lauren through everything, instilling her wisdom through the years. They were best friends and it was not long before Lauren had set the shorter girl up with her backup dancer, Normani. The three of them have been inseparable ever since. "Have you both decided on what you wanted?" Ally asked.

"Yeah. We want a five layered cake with a flavor on each layer.." Keana started with Ally listening intently. "Mocha, Lemon, Red Velvet...."

The green-eyed woman tried her best to look anywhere else other than Ally's coffee colored ones, afraid she'll see right through her. Her efforts were for naught when her eyes drift to her friend and saw that they were slightly squinting at her in suspicion. Before Lauren could go back to admiring the wall or pretend she's listening to her fiancee, she was saved by the bell - literally. "Lauren you said today was our day," Keana whined at the familiar ringtone. "Sorry, babe, I gotta take this," said Lauren, already walking away from Keana and Ally before they could give her an answer.

"Hello? Mani, you are literally a lifesaver. I'm literally going to die of boredom, like how long does it take to pick a fucking cake?" Lauren huffed.

Normani laughed on the other side of the line. "It's part of the process, Laur. But at least Ally's the one baking it. She's such a cutie, especially her butt in those leggings I made her wear today."

"Keep it in your pants, Kordei."

"Okay, okay. Anyway, I called to tell you that Diplo scheduled a session today and you're needed there asap. He's only in town for a few days and today is his only day to produce."