Longbottom Twins - A Next Gen Story

Cake, check. Balloons, check. Presents, check. Megs had just finished getting everything ready, when two whirlwinds came through the door, in the shape of her children.
        "Dora! Eugine! Don't touch anything," she called out to them. "Heya Gin," she sighed, as her best friend walked in through the front door, closely followed by Ginny's two youngest children, Albus and Lily.
        "Shoes off," Ginny told her children, as they ran upstairs to play with Dora and Eugine. "Cuppa?" Megs nodded, so Ginny put the kettle on and pulled up a chair. "They've been good, don't worry. Harry has been keeping them entertained with stories from our school days. Ha ha, nothing too bad! I made sure of that," she laughed as Megs gave her a look. "Thanks for holding the party here," she said, taking out the presents from her bag. "Undetectable extension charm," she laughed, pointing at the bag.
        "Hermione?" Megs asked, smiling. Ginny nodded. "Honestly, it's fine. At least if we have it here at ours, Neville might be able to pop down from the school for an hour. Is Hermione ok with it?" 
        "Yeah, I think she is just grateful she doesn't have to do it at her's. You remember Hugo's 5th birthday party?" They both laughed, thankful they didn't have to do that again. Dora and Eugine were only 8 days younger than Albus Potter, and 4 days younger than Rose Weasley, so it seemed a good idea to have a joint 11th birthday party for the four of them at the Longbottom's home, in Hogsmeade.

Two hours later, more people had arrived, there were children everywhere and the adults were hiding in the kitchen, under the guise of getting more food ready to bring out! Seamus Finnegan was there with Lavender, his wife, and their three gorgeous children, Orla - who would be starting Hogwarts with Dora and Eugine - and her two younger brothers, Ruardhi and Ronan.
        "Mrs Dora's mum?" Megs felt a tugging on her sleeve. It was little Ronan. "Is it Dora's birthday today?" Megs crouched down to his level.
        "No sweetheart, it is Rose's birthday today, Dora will have her birthday in a couple of days, but we are having her party early so her daddy can come and see her." Ronan gasped, then ran off grinning.
        "Right kids," Hermione called. "It's time to come and cut the cake. No, put the cat down Hugo." 
        "Am I too late?" a voice asked in Megan's ear. She turned to see who it was.
        "Neville, you made it!" She flung her arms round her husband.
        "DADDEEEEEEEEEEE" Dora flung herself into her dad's arms. 
        "Happy birthday sweetheart. And happy birthday to you too, my fabulous son," he said, as Eugine came running over. "Hello darling," he kissed Megs on the cheek. "Everything going ok?"
        "Much better now you are here," she smiled. "Right, you get the kids rounded up, I'll get the cake."
As soon as everyone was ready, Ron called for quiet.
        "Are we all ready to sing happy birthday, everyone?"
        "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Albus and Rose and Dora and Eugine, happy birthday to you." everyone sang. The four children blew out their candles together.
        "I'll go and get this cut up," said Ginny, taking the cake back off into the kitchen. Ron and Neville started talking about work stuff, while Harry went to deal with a screaming Lily, who apparently wanted to blow the candles out aswell.
        "Oh Neville, how is James doing?" Ginny asked, as she handed a piece of cake out to everyone.
        "Yeah, he is great, Gin. Honestly!" he laughed, as Ginny gave him a skeptical look. "No worse than his dad, anyway!" 
        "Ha, yeah that sounds more like it," she chuckled.

That evening, after everyone had gone home, and Neville had reluctantly gone back to the school, Harry and Ron took Rose, Hugo, Albus and Lily back home and to bed, while Megs, Hermione and Ginny flopped onto the sofa, with a large glass of wine each and some leftover birthday cake.
        "Well that went really well," sighed Ginny.
        "Much better than Hugo's party", smiled Hermione. The three of us caught each others eye and burst out laughing.