Three Years Later

"You still up for the Hogsmeade weekend?" Millie asked her three best friends. Dora nodded.

        "Yeah, I'll see if I can pop in on mum too," she said, smiling. "Last Hogsmeade visit before Christmas. You guys coming too?" Her friends all grinned.

        "Wouldn't miss it, especially if she has made some of those cakes she is SOOO good at," groaned Orla.

        "I'll go send her an owl now then," said Dora, and ran off to the owlery. "Come on Lynx, you can come too," she said to her cat, who was purring round her ankles. "Just don't chase the owls this time."

        "Right, I'm going to go and find James," grinned Millie. She had been dating James Potter for about 3 months now and were still in the love puppy stage. Rose and Orla made gagging faces, then ducked as Millie threw a cushion at them both, laughing.

        "Speaking of which, I think I'll go find Scorpius," smiled Rose, getting up. "I know dad said to keep away from him, but, I dunno, there's something about him," she said, trying not to smile too much. "If dad ever found out, well I don't think I'll be telling him any time soon!"

Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy had started dating the year before. Although the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin wasn't as bad as it had been in their parents' time, it was still enough to make them want to keep it quiet. The school's Headmistress, Professor Nora Erskine, had announced that there would be a Christmas Ball this year. Everyone was so excited, but only fourth years and above would be allowed to attend, and only if their school work was up to scratch. Rose found her boyfriend sitting by the lake.

        "Hey you," she smiled, sitting next to him. "I've missed you."

        "Mmm, now that's what I like to hear," he grinned, wrapping his arm round his girlfriend's shoulders. Rose lay her head on him, as he stroked her hair. "I have something to ask you, babe."

        "Yes?" Rose sat up and looked into Scorpius's eyes.

        "The Christmas Ball. Do you, er, want to go together?" he asked nervously. Rose chuckled.

        "Of course I will, silly. You didn't need to ask, I'm your girlfriend." Scorpius looked relieved, and as Rose fell into his arms, he pressed his lips against hers and kissed her.

Dora fell into her mum's arms, hugging her. It had been quite a few weeks since mother and daughter had seen each other, though it felt like a few months.

        "Mum, I hope you don't mind, but Rose, Orla and Millie wanted to come too." Megs laughed.

        "Ha ha, of course I don't mind. Orla, the chocolate cake is in the kitchen!"

        "Thankyou, Mrs Longbot... I mean, Megs," said Orla, as she hung her coat up and went to grab a plate.

        "I hope you girls don't mind, but my friend Beatrice is coming over in a bit," said Megs.

        "Course we don't mum," smiled Dora. "You have to have a life!" The doorbell rang, and Dora jumped up to get it. "Beatrice, hi!"

        "Dora, wow, you have really grown," Beatrice smiled, giving her a hug. "Ooh, can I smell cake?"

        "Yeah, mum's gooey chocolate cake," grinned Dora, letting her into the house.

        "Beatrice!" Megs ran over to greet her friend. "How's Millen?" Millen was Beatrice's son, and one of Teddy's best friends from school. Teddy Tonks was Megs's nephew.

        "He's good yeah, enjoying his new job. He only started a few weeks ago and has settled in really well," Beatrice replied. "Ad before you ask, I'm alright too," she laughed, "though I would be much better off with some of your famous gooey chocolate cake." Megs chuckled.

        "Ha ha, grab a plate and help yourself. Honestly, you're as bad as Orla." Megs looked over at Orla, who had a huge chunk of cake in her mouth, and winked.

        "What?" asked Orla, chocolate smeared across her face, making everyone laugh.

Back at the castle, later on, Dora grabbed Eugine in the common room.

        "Mum wanted me to give you this," she said, handing him a large chunk of cake. "It nearly never got here, Orla tried to sneak it out in her pocket," she grinned.

        "Yeah that sounds like Orla," Eugine grinned back. "Thanks, I'll have this later." He took the cake up to his dorm room. Dora went down to the Great Hall for some dinner.

        "Um, can I have a chat?" Dora heard a voice next to her.

        "Lorcan, yeah course, what's up?" she smiled. Lorcan suddenly looked uncomfortable. Dora thought this was strange, they had been good friends for a couple of years at least now.

        "Well, um, I was wondering if, er," Lorcan was getting flustered. "Would you like to go to the Christmas Ball with me?" he finally asked.

        "Of course I will," grinned Dora. "As friends, or er, as something a bit more?" she asked, a little cheekily. Lorcan went red. "It's ok, you don't have to answer," Dora said, hastily. "But yes, I'd love to go with you." Lorcan grinned and walked off to his twin brother, Lysander, who was sat at the Ravenclaw table. Dora went to sit with Millie and Orla. Rose was still with Scorpius, somewhere in the castle. Dora wasted no time in telling her friends about Lorcan.

        "See, I told you he liked you," gushed Millie. "What are you doing to wear?"

        "Oh god, I hadn't thought about that!" said Dora. "Oh, who are you going with? she suddenly realised Orla hadn't mentioned anyone.

        "Um, Albus asked me this afternoon when we got back to the castle, I said yes," she grinned.

        "Brilliant!" Millie smiled. "Now we all have dates. I have a catalogue upstairs for Gladrags Wizarding Wear, we can have a look and order buy owl post."

        "Sounds great, come on," said Orla.