1

A/N incase you picked this book up and didn't read the description, warning before you continue, this is a SEQUEL. It really won't make much sense without reading my other book INNOCENT first :) xxx

Chains rattled and feet shuffled painfully slowly. A long line of prisoners all cuffed to the same chain made their way through the halls of their new, temporary residence. John's eyes darted around nervously, actually missing the pale blue walls of King's. The walls here were a sickly mustard yellow, dimly lit and smelling like shit.

His skin itched, irritated by the bandages littering his body that hid away cuts and burns. The incident had happened two nights ago, and in that time Jefferson, Madison and Conway had all disappeared, escaping prison in the midst of the madness. Just to add to the creepiness, Levi's body was never found, but John was confident in believing it was just disintegrated in the flames.

Angelica went on bereavement leave from work after the news of Peggy's death, both her and Eliza were distraught with devastation. Alex hadn't seen Eliza since his trial, as she was a witness, but felt like he needed to call her soon, check up on her. He was also dying to tell her that Peggy's last words were concerning her love towards her sisters, they needed to know that.

Back at this new prison, the line of prisoners stopped at a set of large double doors that was heavily guarded. John stood up on his toes to attempt to peek over the other heads bobbing up and down ahead of him but to no avail. He heard locks clicking and then the door presumably swung open. The line stayed still though.
There was a second layer of doors.
What could possibly be behind this many layers of doors?

John shook it off for now, he was hoping that his new cell at this temporary prison would be nice, and big, and have a toilet in a seperate room to his bed. That would be a very nice change. His daydream was interrupted when the door was opened and inmates began filtering through the doors.

John shuffled forward with the rest of the group and as soon as he stepped through the doors, he was confused, then horrified. They were in a giant cafeteria-like common room that was surrounded by open door ways. There was a staircase that lead up to a second story of door ways that lined the room up above. This was their temporary prison. They were led to line up, John seeing Alex just up ahead a little with the people with last names beginning with H. Lafayette was one person ahead of John too, they shared a warm and reassuring smile.

Once everyone was inside a hush fell over the inmates as officers glared them down. A man in a crisp suit much like Jefferson's marched in and finished standing directly in front of the rows on prisoners. He was an older man, and he looked fairly intimidating, but he wouldn't be doing his job well if he couldn't enforce rules.
"Prisoners, welcome to Columbia County Jail, I am your Governor, Benjamin Franklin." He introduced formally. John and Lafayette shared a glance before Franklin continued. "This is cell block D, where you will be residing until King's Correctional Facility is back in shape. There are no designated cells or beds. Each cell contains four beds and a one-toilet-one-shower bathroom."
John, Lafayette and Alex were all quick to share a nod, unable to find Hercules in the crowd.
"I must also inform you, this is not only a men's prison. We serve women as well. Your yard will back onto the women's yard, you are not to interact with the women outside of your designated yard time, punishments will follow if this rule is broken, am I clear?"

A soft chorus of 'yes sir's echoed through the room until Franklin smiled with a satisfied nod. "I hope you enjoy your stay here at Columbia," he finished, marching back out of the room. One by one officers trailed down the rows of prisoners, unlocking their hand cuffs from the metal chain. Alex was the first of their little quartet to be freed and the first thing he did was sprint up the stairs. He ran to the very end of the balcony to the last cell and shoved his body in the doorway in a starfish pose, blocking the doorway off and claiming it. Lafayette was next and he jogged up the stairs to meet Alex, laughing as Alex let him slip under his arm and into the cell.