Prologue

When I was freed from the crystal, Luna took me in as her student. I met her sister's son, Star Shifter. His Cutie Mark is in two halves, the bottom is a star and the top half is a sun, reflecting his ability to raise the sun and to shapeshift like a Changeling, which makes me think that his father is a Changeling. Luna told me he's a king from another kingdom and I know there are a few Changeling colonies around Equestria. Soon after that, I was introduced to the daughter of Celestia's student, Twilight Sparkle, and her husband, Flash Sentry. Her name is Golden Rule and her Cutie Mark is a thick, green line with a foreign character for golden on it. A few years later, Princess Cadence of my old home, the Crystal Empire, came to visit Lu and Tia. She introduced us to her daughters, Flurry Heart and her younger sister, Sweety Sparkle, although everyone calls her Sparkle. Her Cutie Mark is a sweet with sparkles. Her sweets and cakes are amazing.

All these ponies were born Alicorns, although they accepted me, a Pegasus. For that, I shall be grateful my entire life. They still don't know I was encased in crystal for over one thousand years, nor do they know where I came from. What with Cadence looking over the Empire, Golden Rule in Ponyville and Star Shifter in Canterlot, there wasn't much we could say.

The day I became an Alicorn was the day of my coronation, the day of Luna's funeral. I put her crown on my head and I glowed a bright white. I was teleported to Celestia knows where and Luna appeared for one final message. Take her place as Princess of the Night. She gave me a final gift. Her magic, a horn.
That day was meant to be a happy day, a glorious day. I was smiling on the outside, but crying on the inside. Crying for the loss of my mentor.
That night, I was crying in Lu's room. Lu always told me my destiny was to take her place, but I didn't know it would take her death to do it. If I knew, I-
Star Shifter found me that night. He comforted me but I still lost faith in destiny and fate. That meant I was unable to console ponies with nightmares. I brought Star Shifter along with me so he could help me until I managed to by myself. It gets lonely at night. People can't have nightmares every night and I can't go inserting myself into people's dreams.

I had Sparkle, Star and Golden help me get used to my magic, and Star helped me use it to raise and lower the moon as he raises and lowers the sun with Celestia's guidance. We work together a lot and grew closer as we grew up. As much as I wish my mentor didn't die, Star Shifter can help me get over it, and he has been.