Nightmares of a Different Kind

Running, with an unfamiliar hand in hers, inside a school she never knew, and with children cruelly shouting at her and the girl the same age as her in front of her, Gabrielle couldn't possibly remember anything about this. In fact, she hardly remembered anything about this school, the girl holding her hand and the classmates jeering at them.

The scene changed and she was looking at a terrible scene. The same girl that held her hand while they were being chased was on an iron thing and was burning alive in front of her. She heard her screams of pain and hurt and felt awful. She didn't know why. A large fire started when the iron thing smacked into a large pot of something and dumped the fire over...

"Gabby! Gabby! Wake up!"

Stephen Mason had found his daughter had been sleepwalking again, and in desperation got her away from a dangerous bluff.

"NOOO! ALESSA! ALESSA!!!!" Gabby screamed still in the throes of her nightmare.

"Shhh...hey, it's okay. Hey, Gabs...!" Stephen shook her awake.

Gabrielle woke with a start, bewildered and wondering how she got here and then she cried, seeing the expression on her father's face. She had worried him again.

"Sweetie...it's okay. You're okay." Stephen embraced his little girl that he adopted 9 years ago. He caressed her long dark hair and wiped the tears from her brilliant green eyes and alabaster skin.

"No, it's not, daddy! It's not...!" Gabby sobbed. "I want to go home!"

Stephen agreed and carried his baby all the way home. But his mind was spinning. Gabrielle had screamed out a name that both were not familiar with. He had tried everything, from medicine to therapy. That's how his wife left him, because she couldn't deal with problems she couldn't understand.

He had given up hope, and just loved his baby unconditionally. But Gabby had yelled out different things in her sleepwalking spells...Silent Hill...Alessa...burning...

He sighed, raking his dark wavy hair away from his fair face, as his dark chocolate brown eyes observed Gabby in her sleep. His thin frame then joined his daughter in sleep, his hand in holding hers.

Little did he know, that a neighbor of his named Rose Da Silva was having the same problems he was with her adopted daughter, Sharon.