Chapter 18:

Ashton's POV:

It's been another whole week without Harry, and it's just been Liam, Charlotte, and I running the house while Harry's been asleep. Another whole week of running from magazines, reporters, and flashing lights and even more fans camping out across the street in the field waiting for Harry to come home.

I honestly thought he was going to wake up sometime last week like the doctor said, he was getting better, I could finally hear his heartbeat through his chest-not the small one that was barely audible, and I could see his eyes moving under his eyelids. I really thought he was going to wake up then..

The doctors told me they didn't know why Harry hadn't woken up yet, they thought his body may have not been ready to wake him yet. They also think this coma is going to be longer than they thought it would, especially with his heart rate fluctuating so quickly and then so slowly. Sometimes they would have to kick me out of the room to control his heart.

I giggle to myself with the quote his doctor gave me, "the only reason his heart does this, is because you're in the room. He's trying to hard to wake himself up, his mind may be ready to wake but his body isn't. Give it some more time."

Doctor Reynolds. I'll never forget his name, simply because he was one of the doctors who took in Charlotte when she was a baby and she got really sick. I still remember that day like it just happened yesterday, I remember how scared I was to be on my own.

Flashback:

"Someone! Please! Please help my baby!" I yell, running into the ER.

"Miss, what's wrong?" A nurse says running up to me.

"No, no, no, I need a doctor not a nurse. Get me a doctor now!" I scream, adrenaline and fear surging through me.

I watch as the nurse scrambled away and started calling for a doctor through the long hallway of hospital gowns and curtains. Once she finally found one, I was met with pepper gray hair, blue eyes, and a tall man. He wore a mask, and he took it off and started to talk. I was so overwhelmed. I was alone, I have no one to hold me while I hold Charlotte. She's just a baby!

"Miss.Baker, right?" He asks.

I nodded slowly, unaware of how he already knew my name but I didn't care. My baby of eight months is gasping for air and turning blue in the lips.

"Let me see her, please?" He asks, gently reaching for Charlotte.

I jerked away, not thinking of my actions.

"Miss.Baker, she's not going to get any better if you continue to be so cautious. You may think the safest place for her is in your arms but right now, it's in mine." He says, slowly taking Charlotte out of my arms and laying her onto a white stretcher and examines her.

"Betsy, get me some fluid and an epipen." He says. "Her fever is 107.5"

What?

"I'm going to need to admit Charlotte to the hospital to look at her. Her fever is very high and she looks to me like she's having an asthma attack. Has she eaten anything she wasn't supposed to?" He asks.