Skye and Mitch (BajanCanadian)

Dedicated to @LetLiveAshby

WARNING: SELF HARM

*Skye's POV*

Mitch, my best friend, was sitting on my couch watching The Lion King with me. We were sitting side by side, like usual, with popcorn in between us.

I reach for popcorn at the same time he does. His hand brushes my arm and I snap it back. He looks at me worriedly.

"Skye, are you-"

"No! I just- it's reflexes." The start of this conversation brings up old memories.

~>Flashback<~

I get home, tired of everything. Sick of everyone. Everyone just has to have opinions about everything. Me, my life... It's none of their business.

I run to my bathroom and walk in. One thing nice about my parents not being home a lot, I don't have to worry about getting caught. Yeah, getting caught. Not like it would change anything if I did.

I open the medicine cabinet and grab the one thing I am looking for. My razor. It's the way I deal with my pain. Others say its not a good way. For me, it's the only way that works.

I push the sleeve of my shirt up and grab a towel. I place the towel on the counter and hold my arm above it.

I take the razor and scrape it across my arm. I bite my tongue to hold back a whimper. Soon, I don't feel it anymore. I continue doing so.

One thought runs through my mind: I'm sick of it all!

The towel is soon soaked with blood and I toss it in the sink. I grab another and put it down. I take my other arm and start on that one.

On the fourth cut, the front door opens. At this point I don't care. I position the razor over an open area of my arm. Right as I start to push down and move it, a hand grabs my wrist.

I struggle against the person's tight grip, trying to pull the razor across my arm. My hand barely a centimeter.

"Skye, stop." I recognize the voice.

"Why?"

"Skye, just stop," he says again.

"Why? Just tell me why Mitch! Why should I stop?! Why do you even care?!" Tears brim my eyes, but I keep looking at my arm. "Tell me why," I sob and crumple to the floor.

Mitch crouches down next to me with a towel. He wraps my arm and grabs another towel. He does the same with the other arm. He does this all while I sit on the ground and cry.

"Skye, you can't do this anymore."

"Wh-"

"You're my friend. You're my best friend. That's why."

He pulls me into a hug and I shake with sobs.

"Promise me you'll stop. Please Skye," he begs.

"Okay," I sigh out.

~>End of Flashback<~

"Skye," Mitch says warning me.

"I promised you Mitch. I promised I'd stop. I did stop. Remember?"

"Yeah, I remember. I also said something about you being my best friend."

I laugh and smile. "Yeah, you did say that."

"Skye, I didn't mean it."

"What?" What is he talking about. I stand up and he moves with me.

"Skye, look, ever since we've been friends, I've liked you. A lot. Actually, I think I love you."

He loves me? How? Why? Why me? What is going on?

"Mitch-" He cuts me off by pressing his lips to mine. I kiss him back and put my arms around his neck.

Mitch is the first one to pull back. "Jerome!" he calls. The door opens and he comes in holding a puppy. It's a golden retriever. I can tell because I had one as a kid. He died a few months after I met Mitch. He was my best friend before him...

Jerome set the puppy on the ground. The dog runs towards me and I crouch down. Around its neck is a pink bedazzled collar. Something catches my eye though.

Next to the tags is a ring. "Mitch," I gasp.

"Don't worry, it's not a proposal. It's a promise ring. I wanna be with you forever. If not as a boyfriend or husband, then as a friend. Best friend."

I take the ring off and study it. I smile and slip it on my right hand on my ring finger. I stand up, puppy in my hands, and face Mitch.

I wrap my free hand around his shoulders and kiss him. "I love you too Mitch."

A/N

This was for _Lady_Benja_

I hope you liked it. Let me know. Sorry for the long wait.

Want a one shot? Comment or message me your name, age, and the Youtuber you want. I also need the situation you want to be in and if you want it to be cute, romantic, heated, etc.

Bai! -Cheyenne