Chapter 6: I'll always follow her

This chapter is set after episode 6: Follow The Leader

Bree's POV:

'What are you doing!?' I exasperatedly question Perry, who is grunting to herself as she attempts to drag out the only vacant chair in the sitting area.

'My pad ain't gonna furnish itself' Perry sasses back as she finds her grip and successfully moves the pale blue chair further towards the door.

'You can't just take our stuff whenever you feel like it!' I exclaim after her as I sit up from my slouched position. Why does she always insist on using everyone else for her own selfish needs? She shouldn't even be allowed to be a part of our team with the way she behaves. This is so.. frustrating! Why would Chase let her join us all of a sudden?! My hands clench the material of the sofa beneath me, forming into a fist as I stare after Perry, who appears to have chosen to ignore me.

'Hey.' Skylar's gentle tone catches my attention as she lightly bumps my shoulder with her own.

'Just let her have it Bree. It's not like any of us have ever actually sat in that thing anyway.' She reasons, her gaze also settling upon the smaller woman in front of us.

I respond to her touch almost instantly, all my anger disappearing in a second as I slouch back down. I guess she's not hurting anyone. Yet. I might as well try and put up with her..

'Yeah, okay fine.' I grumble, my eyes falling to focus on the table in front of me.
Is someone staring at me? I raise them again and meet the eyes of the smaller woman who is giving me a very un-Perry like look. It's almost as if she's.. Quizzical? Intrigued? By something. What's her problem with me now?

I furrow my eyebrows and open my mouth ready to make some snarky remark in response to her staring but the moment had passed. Perry has returned her attention back to the chair and there appears to be a quiet conversation which has formed between the other four members of the team. What just happened?

—————————————————————————————

Skylar's POV:

DING! DING! DING! DINGGGG!

My phone rings out with a series of message alerts into the silence of Bree and I's shared room. I sigh as I flick the ringer off of my phone and throw it down onto my bed. I seriously regret giving Perry my phone number.

I glance over to Bree's empty capsule which sits on the other side of the room. I wonder where she is, she vanished from the lounge early on while Kaz and Oliver were teasing Chase over his leadership skills.

Click.

My head swivels round to the sound of the door opening, Bree enters silently, closing the door behind her. She walks straight past me and up to my bed before falling face down onto it, the blankets beneath her cushioning her fall.

'Uuugh' her groans are muffled by the material her face is buried in.

'Bad day?' I chuckled softly, while taking a seat next to her motionless form.

Her head slowly raises from its previously fixed position in order for her to make eye contact with me.
'Something like that.' She smiles wryly.