Genesis 2:1-2:25

2 Thus the heavens🌤️ and the 🌍🌎earth🌏🗺️ were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the 7️⃣seventh ☀️day☀️ God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the 7️⃣seventh ☀️day☀️ he 💤rested💤 from all his work. 3 Then God 😇blessed😇🙏 the 7️⃣seventh ☀️day☀️ and made it holy✝️😇🙏, because on it he 💤rested💤 from all the work of⛏️⚒️ creating🛠️🔨 that he had done.

Adam and Eve

4 This is the account of the heavens🌤️ and the 🌍🌎earth🌏🗺️ when they were ⛏️⚒️created🛠️🔨, when the Lord God made the 🌍🌎earth🌏🗺️ and the heavens🌤️.

5 Now ❎no❎ shrub🌱 had yet appeared on the 🌍🌎earth🌏🗺️ and no plant🌱 had yet sprung up⬆️, for the Lord God had ❎not❎ sent 🌧️rain🌧️ on the earth and there was ❎no❎ one1️⃣ to2️⃣ work the ground, 6 but streams🏞️ came up⬆️ from the 🌍🌎earth🌏🗺️ and 🌊💧watered💦💦 the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the Lord God formed a 👨man from the dust🌪️ of the ground and breathed🌬️ into his nostrils👃 the breath🌬️ of life, and the 👨man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had 🌱🌲🌳🌴💐planted🌷🥀🌻🌿🌾 a🅰️ 💐🌸🌵🌾🌿💮🏵️🌹🥀🌺garden🌻🌼🌷🌱🌲☘️🍀🍁🌳🌴 in the east➡️, in Eden; and there he put the man👨 he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of 🌲🌳trees🌴🌵 grow out of the ground-🌲🌳trees🌴🌵 that were pleasing😍 to2️⃣ the eye👀 and good👍👌👌 for4️⃣ 🍉🥕🌶️🍄🥒🥜🍗🍞🥖🍟🥞🧀🌭🌮🥙🥚food🥘🍲🥗🍿🍱🍘🍛🍜🍝🍡🍦🍢🍨🍣🍩🎂🍪🍰☕🥛🍺🍬🍮🥃🍶. In the middle of the 💐🌸🌵🌾🌿💮🏵️🌹🥀🌺garden🌻🌼🌷🌱🌲☘️🍀🍁🌳🌴 were the tree🌲 of life and the tree🌳 of the knowledge🎓 of good😇👍 and evil😈👎.

10 A🅰️ river🏞️ 🌊💧watering💦💦 the 💐🌸🌵🌾🌿💮🏵️🌹🥀🌺garden🌻🌼🌷🌱🌲☘️🍀🍁🌳🌴 flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four4️⃣ headwaters🌊💧💦💦. 11 The name of the first🥇 is the Pishon; it winds🌫️ through the entire land🗺️ of Havilah, where there is gold🏅. 12 (The gold🏅 of that land🗺️ is good👍👌👌; aromatic resin and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second🥈 river🏞️ is the Gihon; it winds🌫️ through the entire land🗺️ of Cush. 14 The name of the third🥉 river🏞️ is the Tigris; it runs🏃 along the east➡️ side of Ashur. And the 4️⃣fourth river🏞️ is the Euphrates.

15 The Lord God took the 👨man and put 👨him in the Garden of Eden to2️⃣ work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded🗣️ the man👨, "You are free🆓 to2️⃣ eat from any 🌲🌳tree🌴🌵 in the 💐🌸🌵🌾🌿💮🏵️🌹🥀🌺garden🌻🌼🌷🌱🌲☘️🍀🍁🌳🌴; 17 but you must ❎not❎ eat from the tree🌳 of the knowledge🎓 of good😇👍 and evil😈👎, for4️⃣ when you eat from it you will certainly die💀."

18 The Lord God said🗣️, "It is ❎not❎ good👍👌👌 for4️⃣ the man👨 to2️⃣ be🐝 alone👤. I👀 will ⛏️⚒️make🛠️🔨 a🅰️ helper suitable for4️⃣ him👨."

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯wild🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animals🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋 and all the 🦃🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥birds🐦🐧🕊️🦅🦆🦉 in the sky🌥️. He brought them to2️⃣ the man👨 to2️⃣ see👁️ what he👨 would name them; and whatever the man👨 called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man👨 gave names to2️⃣ all the 🐮🐄🐷🐖🐗🐪🐫livestock🐏🐑🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥, the 🦃🐔🐓🐣🐤🐥birds🐦🐧🕊️🦅🦆🦉 in the sky🌥️ and all the 🐬🐟🦈🐙🐨🐼🐺🦊🦁🐯wild🦀🐍🐧🦌🐘 🦏🐿️🦅🦑🐊animals🐌🦂🦇🐻🐅🐆🐒🦍🐳🐋.

But for4️⃣ 👨Adam ❎no❎ suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man👨 to2️⃣ fall into a🅰️ deep 😴sleep😴; and while he👨 was 💤sleeping💤, he took one1️⃣ of the 👨man's ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God ⛏️⚒️made🛠️🔨 a🅰️ woman👩 from the rib he had taken out of the man👨, and he brought her👩 to2️⃣ the man👨.

23 The man👨 said🗣️,

"This is now bone☠️ of my bones☠️
and flesh🍖 of my flesh🍖;
she👩 shall be called📞 '♀️woman👩,'
for4️⃣ she👩 was taken out of man👨."

24 That is why a🅰️ man👨 leaves his👨 father👴 and mother👵 and is united to2️⃣ his wife👩, and they become one1️⃣ flesh🍖.

25 Adam👨 and his👨 wife👩 were both naked, and they felt ❎no❎ shame.