Chapter 1

The moment I opened my eyes that morning, was a moment I regretted alot. It wasn't just because I had every senior's wish to not go to school, but it was the fact that I knew I would be bullied.

You see, it wasn't that I did something to tick off the whole school. I wasn't unpopular because I was a nerd. I was unpopular because I was Mexican. I was the only Mexican that attended the Franklin Academy for Advanced General Sciences.

Actually, people who were passing with flying colors had a higher social status in school than mine. Sure, I was smart and I was a star athlete on a soccer team, but that didn't matter. Nerds could change their appearance. They could replace their glasses with contacts, they could eventually be able to take off their braces, but I couldn't change my race.

It's not like I wasn't proud to be Mexican, in fact, I loved the fact that I was. The thing that saddened me is that all the students blocked me out for one sole reason. Because I was different. No matter how much I had in common with them, no matter how much I tried to talk with them, no matter how nice I was to them, they bullied me and blocked me out.

So, as I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth, I thought about how different life would be if I didn't accept the scholarship for the prestigious high school and went to a normal public school instead. I would have a life, I would be accepted, I would have friends. But, I had to live with it. I chose my education over my social life.

After brushing my teeth and styling my straight black hair, I changed out of my pajamas and got into matching gym clothes. They had black outlining and white filling. Then, I put on some black-and-white tennis shoes. As I grabbed my bookbag, my mother called me down to breakfast.

"Alexander!" she yelled from downstairs, "Vente abajo para breakfast!"

"Be right there!" I responded. I sighed, got my bookbag and went downstairs. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was attacked with the smell of pancakes. I was so glad that at least something was going right so far. I thanked my mom for the food and ate ravenously.

Food is one of the most glorious things on Earth.

Once I was done, I asked my mom where my dad was.

"Esta en el trabajo, mijo," she answered my question.

"Okay," I responded, "te veo cuando se acave la escuela. Bye mom!" I kissed her in the cheek and grabbed the keys to my car. I unlocked the car and opened door on the driver's side. I hopped into my gray car so I could drive to school.

I put my bookbag on the passenger's seat and started up the car. I drove the ten-minute drive to school, listening to music and texting my cousin (SHHHHHH!).

Once I reached school, I parked close to the exit. It would be easier to get out of school once it was over. I grabbed my bookbag and exited the grey car. I mentally prepared myself for what was to come and started going to the entrance of the school.

I entered into a school in chaos. I was dumbfounded as I stood at the entrance. Just because the school was in chaos didn't stop students bullying me. Somebody pushed me out of the entrance to go into the school. After I got pushed, my binders fell out of my bookbag as the zipper was unzipped. People stepped on the papers and kicked them around. I picked the papers and binder and then stood up.

I was going to go up to one of the students and ask them what was wrong, but I decided against it. After a few minutes of me standing at the doorway looking like an idiot, I saw a teacher pass by.

"Mr. Johnson!" I yelled after him, "What's going on?"

Mr. Johnson turned around and said, "What's going on? What's going on?!"

"Yeah, that's what I said."

"Well, 'What's going on' is that your girlfriend made a spectacular discovery!"

"We're just friends!" I retorted, "Anyways, what did Geni discover?"

"Well, your friend, Geniveve Freeman, found a way to send someone back in time and back for a day."

"What?!"

"Yes, but she made a way for it to only last .5 seconds to the world, but a day for the traveller."

I instantly left and went towards the Time and Spacial Physics ward. It was to the left of the entrance. I went into room A1 to find an auburn-haired girl walking around frantically.

"Geni," I addressed her using her nickname, "What's wrong?"

"Hey Alex," she said with a tired smile, "I learned how to make anything go back in time, but..." Her gaze faltered and her voice wavered.

"But?"

"But... But..."

"Okay! Enough Butts!"

"The test subjects don't come back, okay!? You see, I have a theory involving the Butterfly Effect. They change a little thing and they end up in an alternate future after coming back."

"W-wait the test subjects, w-were they, you know, p-people?"

That sentence seemed to take her put of her trance.

"What?" She asked back, "No! We used rats and mice. They were supposed to come back automatically 0.5 second after getting shot by the lazer."

"Ooooohhhhhh," I replied, still confused, "Wait. The lazer? I thought it was a portal like all the clichè movies."

"Well, I like to defy steroetypes," she said with a smirk.

"Inspiring," I replied.

"Do you want to help me send a rat to August 1,p 1492?"

"Yeah sure, but why that specific date?" She facepalmed at my idiotic statement.

"That's two days before Columbus discovered America."

"Oh, ok!" I agreed with a shrug of my shoulders.

After 10 minutes of extremely confusing science vocabulary and very elaborate coding, Geni got the gun to be programmed to send the rat to two days before Columbus' discovery. After programming the gun, we decided we needed coffee. We were seniors, we practically ran off of coffee and food, lot's of food.

We came back after a coffee break. As I stood at the doorway, Geni went behind a counter in which the gun was placed on. As she went behind the counter to get a rat, she bumped into the counter. It was fine until the gun fell to the floor and it started to whir. Before I knew it, Geni was screaming and a white light came towards me.

Then, everything went black.

-=+=-

A/N Sorry for ending it with a cliffhanger. (Actually, not really.) Anyways, I want to thank everyone for making it to this author's note. That most probably means you read the chapter. (If not, you better sleep with an eye open. JK) Also, I'm fluent in Spanish but I can't do the accents thing. So, if there's supposed to be accents, please comment!

Okay, until next time!
BYEEEEEEE!