One

Emma POV

I'm so excited to go back to Camp Kikiwaka. This will be my first year as a counselor! I'm not excited about seeing Hazel or Gladys or the nasty food, but I'm mostly excited to see Xander again. It's been 8 1/2 months since I last saw him.

As the limo pulled up to camp Kikiwaka, the first thing I noticed was that the sign was different. It looked more welcoming. Then, I realized there were arrows in the trees pointing towards camp. The bushes were cut down, and replaces with flowers.

"Wow. This place changed a lot," Ravi points out.

"No kidding. I bet Gladys got fired," I add.

"I don't care if Gladys got-Gladys got fired? Let's hope we got a better cooking budget, too. Murphy can do good with good stuff," Zuri nods.

"Come on, let's go check it out!" I announce.

The three of us scramble out of the limo, and collect our bags from the trunk.

I pull out all eight of my bags. Ravi has his bag and Mrs. Kipling's, and Zuri has two of her own, but they're very large.

"How am I gonna take all of these at once?" I scoff.

"I'll take two if you'd like, Emma," Ravi offers.

"Really? Thanks, Rav," I smile.

Ravi takes two of my bags, and I carry the other six with minimal struggle.

When we enter camp, everything is changed. The cabins are larger, and it looks like there's a new wing of them, too. The mess hall is bigger, too, and so is the campfire. I notice the lake is crystal clear, the dock is made from cherrywood now, and there are all new canoes.

"Holy sh-"

I feel arms wrap around my waist. I turn my head to see Xander hugging me. Griff pulls Zuri into a separate hug, and I grin after seeing that.

"Welcome back to camp, Ms. Ross," Xander smiles.

I turn around and kiss his cheek, "welcome back, Mr. McCormick."

"Did you see the new wing of cabins? There's now a Fox, Eagle, Skunk, and rabbit. Isn't that cool? Think of all the new campers!" Xander exclaims.

"Wow. That's a lot of cabins. How did you remember all of those?" I ask surprised.

"I was rehearsing it on the way here," he replies.

"It went on for hours and hours and hours," Griff adds.

"Anyways, do you need help with your bags?" Xander asks.

"Actually, that would be great!" I grin.

I hand Xander three of my bags-the heaviest ones-and walk away.

"Since you are helping her, I suppose you should also take the two I carried," Ravi says, handing Xander the other two.

I set the three bags I brought on my bunk when Lou emerges from the bathroom.

"Hey, Emma!" She smiles.

"Hey, Lou! How was the farm?" I ask.

"It was great, although, it wasn't the same without Chuck," Lou frowns.

"He's in a better place. Speaking of, did Tiffany's mom drop her off yet?"

Zuri walks in, with Tiffany following her, "yup. Mother dropped me off ten minutes ago."

"How-"

Just then, Xander stumbles in with my five heaviest bags, "Xander? Why do you have Emma's bags?" Lou asks.

"Because he was being a great boyfriend and carries them for me," I smile, and kiss his cheek. I help him unstack the bags from him while he catches his breath.

"Need anymore help?" He asks.

"Nope. I've got everything taken care of now," he kisses me, "you should go unpack."

"I wish I didn't need to unpack.. I'll see you at lunch, Em!" Xander runs out and jogs over to Grizzly cabin.

"Alright, the woodchucks are back together! And, there's new management, so Crazel isn't head counselor anymore," Lou announces.

"Then who's the manager?" Zuri asks.

"And who's head counselor?" Tiffany adds.

"That will all be revealed at the campfire tonight," Lou explains, "Emma, don't forget you're a counselor now, so you'll get your official camp uniform."

"Yay! I'm totes excited," I cheer.

Lunch

I finished unpacking, so I began to help Zuri and Lou. After we had all finished, we all went down to lunch together.

The dining hall was much bigger. There were tons more games like shuffleboard and slots. The tables were all labeled for each cabin, and then there was an entire table with 15 seats reserved with 'Head Counselor' labeled.

The head counselor table had comfier seats, a fancy white tablecloth. White and red roses were in the middle of the table, and there were perfectly polished plates, silverware, and a fancy glass.

"The head counselor seems to be treated like royalty," Tiffany wrinkles her nose.

"Wait do you smell that?" Lou stops us.

We all sniff heavily, "Real food."

We go to the line where there are over twelve food choices. There's a soda machine, varying juice choices, different milks, and water with favors, too.

"Murphy, where did the money for all this come from?" I ask.

"New management. I even got a bigger kitchen, and a bigger payment! I was able to upgrade to a triple-seated scooter," Murphy chuckles.

"This new manager is loaded," Tiffany laughs, getting the choice of seafood.

"There's steak?!" Lou gasps.

"Forget the steak, there's Baked Camembert!" I announce.

Zuri and I get that, and Lou gets the steak. We sit down at our table which is decorated in purple silk cloths. The napkins are a lighter purple cloth with woodchuck embroidered into it.

"You know.. Whoever this new owner is, I think we can manipulate into giving us money," Zuri says evilly.

"Zuri, we aren't going to rob the owner," I frown at her.

"We aren't going to rob them, just force them into paying us," she tries to defend.

"That's like the definition of rob," Lou states.

"Actually, the definition of rob is take property unlawfully from (a person or place) by force or threat of force," Tiffany interjects.

"I said like," Lou tells her.

Word count: 1000