Two

Emma POV

After lunch, Xander took grizzly cabin and us woodchucks out to the spot to hang out. He played his guitar and sang songs while we roasted s'mores in the after noon.

As we walked back to camp, Xander put his arm over my shoulder, so I leaned against him.

"We're going to college soon," I remind him.

"I know."

"Where do you plan to go?" I ask.

"Wherever you go," he replies.

I sigh and close my eyes, using Xander to guide me.

"Who do you think the new owner is?" Xander questions out of the blue.

"Honestly? I have no clue," I answer.

"Me neither."

When we get back to camp, it's starting to get dark, so all the campers begin to sit around the grown campfire. The fire burns brightly, and there are ingredients to make s'mores.

Xander, Lou, Ravi, Tiffany, Zuri, Griff, Jorge, and I sit on one bench in the front.

Xander POV

I sit next to Emma and Griff on the bench. All the campers talk among themselves when a red haired lady, who can't be any more than ten years older than us, walks in.

I hear Ravi, Zuri, and Emma gasp.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Jessie Prescott, and I'm one of the new owners here at Camp Kikiwaka. A little bit about what's coming at camp. I was raised on a military base, so there will be more obstacle courses, and more athletic activities at camp now," Jessie grins, "I see some of you know who I am. So, may I introduce the new owner, Christina Ross!"

A knot ties in my stomach. Emma's mom is the new owner of camp?!? What if she doesn't like me?

"Hello everyone. I assume you all know who I am. Legendary counselor, Chris-"

"Mom?!" Emma gasps, standing up.

"Emma please sit down, I will explain everything at dinner," mrs. Ross pleads.

Emma reluctantly sits back down. I can tell Emma's stressed, so I wrap my arm around her shoulders and rub her arm. She rests her head on my shoulder.

"So, as you all know, we're here tonight to decide on who is going to be the head counselor of Camp Kikiwaka," Mrs. Ross says, "but this place is where you're all staying for the summer, so I have decided to let you guys pick head counselor."

Jessie begins handing out slips of paper with all the counselor's names on them next to a box.

"So tomorrow night, you will turn these slips in and we will count them up. During dinner, we will announce head counselor," Mrs. Ross explains.

Then, a bell begins to ring.

"What was that?" Zuri asks.

"Meal signal. It was still being installed before lunch," Jessie says.

"I would like to see my kids before you go to dinner," Mrs. Ross says.

Everyone stands up and walks to the new mess hall. Emma, Ravi, and Zuri are standing in a circle around Christina.

I walk to the mess hall with Griff and Jorge.

The next day

After breakfast

I walk out of the cabin to see Emma walking out of her's.