day five

jungkook woke up early the next morning, much earlier than usual.

on days he didn't have to be at the office at the crack of dawn, he liked to sleep until at least nine. then he'd get up, shower, have breakfast and start his day. he disliked the mornings where he would have to set his alarm to go off at 5:30 am, and he'd have to take a quick shower and grab a coffee and pastry on his way to work.

but since jungkook had gotten leave off work because of jimin's sickness, he didn't have to wake up early. so the reason why he was wide awake, laying in bed staring at the ceiling at 7:38 am was beyond his comprehension.

jimin was still fast asleep beside him, and jungkook smiled, his hand lifting to lightly caress the older's soft cheeks.

he padded out of the bedroom, gently shutting the door behind him. his eyes glanced over at the two boys entangled on the pullout couch in the living room; hoseok was encircled in yoongi's pale arms, a content smile upon his sleeping face. the blankets were messy and strewn all over the bed, despite it being chilly in the apartment.

jungkook made his way into the kitchen, flicking the light on. he wanted to surprise jimin with breakfast in bed–he thought the older would like that. so he began preparing, although he was careful not to be loud, because the older couple was sleeping only a room away.

as quietly as he could, he cooked a big breakfast of toast, eggs, and bacon. hoseok was the first to awake, and he ended up finding his way to the kitchen, following the delicious smell that wafted throughout the apartment. hoseok sat at the counter, quietly chatting with jungkook while he cooked.

"so," hoseok began, after swallowing the chunk of banana he had in his mouth. "how-how long...?" he didn't have to finish the sentence for jungkook to know what he meant.

"he, um," the younger coughed. "he has three days."

hoseok suddenly choked, eyes wide. "three?" he exclaimed, his voice rising. "only three?"

jungkook could only nod, keeping his eyes down so his hyung couldn't see him cry.

"oh, jungkookie..." hoseok slid off the stool and walked around the counter, instantly wrapping his arms around the younger's waist. he rested his head against the expanse of jungkook's back, feeling the sharp breaths the other was taking in order to keep the tears at bay. "you can cry. hobi-hyung is here."

jungkook turned around, facing hoseok, and for a moment the older thought jungkook was actually going to cry, to grab onto his hyung and let out all the emotions he'd been bottling up. but instead jungkook glanced at the clock on the oven, shook his head, and gently pushed away from hoseok, muttering, "i should go wake up jimin hyung." he grabbed a plate of food before rushing out of the kitchen towards the bedroom.

and like that, hoseok was left alone in the kitchen, thoughts of his unhappy dongsaeng running through his mind.

***

jimin spent the day, much to the slight upset of jungkook, in yoongi's arms watching a marathon of jimin's favourite movies.

it wasn't that he was jealous–jungkook had no existing reason to be jealous, he was dating jimin and yoongi was dating hoseok–but he couldn't help but feel a tug at the pit of his stomach when he saw his boyfriend curled up on the couch, yoongi's arms on either side of him as they stared at the television.

he tried to get some work done while this was occurring, figuring if jimin wasn't doing anything today then at least he could be productive.

jungkook set up his laptop at the kitchen counter, getting to work on some reports his coworker had emailed him to do. hoseok had gone to the mall to do some shopping, so he was on his own, in a way.

hours passed without him really realizing, and soon enough he was finished with his reports. he quickly sent them to his boss and shut down his computer, closing his eyes for a minute and rubbing his temples.

"i'm back!" cheered a loud voice from the other room. jungkook leaned back in his chair to see out into the living room, where hoseok had just entered, many shopping bags in his arms. jungkook hopped off the stool and went to join his friends.

"wow, hyung, you sure bought a lot of stuff," commented the younger as he walked in, grinning at the bags piled at hoseok's feet.

the lighter haired male mirrored his grin, laughing. "yeah, i like the mall here better than the one in daegu."

yoongi reached his foot out and kicked his boyfriend in the thigh, shooting him a glare. "hey, the daegu mall is good!"

"it's good, but the seoul one is better," hoseok smiled a shit-eating grin, moving back as if expecting another kick from the older male.

jimin giggled, making jungkook look over and smile fondly at him. jimin met his eyes, his eye smile spreading across his face. "kookie! i've barely seen you all day," jimin pouted, making grabby hand for his boyfriend.

jungkook walked to the front of the couch and enveloped jimin into a hug. "well, you were watching movies with yoongi hyung, so i just got some work done." he pressed a kiss to the elder's forehead lovingly.

jimin made a contented noise, then captured jungkook's lips with his own. the two moved in sync, kissing like they hadn't been together in years.

"yah, can we stop with the live-action porn movie?" grumbled yoongi, who had grabbed the remote to turn the movie off, seeing as neither of them were watching it anymore.

"sorry, hyung," jimin giggled as they broke apart. however his laughs then turned to raspy coughs and jungkook immediately scooped jimin into his arms and carried him to the bedroom. he swiftly laid him down on the unmade bed and rubbed his back, patting lightly like a mother would burp a baby. yoongi and hoseok followed, standing back and watching sadly as their friend coughed and coughed.

it was all they could do.