Chapter 11

I am probably stupid, yes I am. I can't believe I really agreed and let Ashley talked me into going to a club to scout for hot guys with her. I wasn't desperate to find a man so why did I agreed to this again? Oh, yeah my best friend Ashley was pretty damn persuasive. So here we were at this club called Inferno, we had eventually made it inside, this place seems hard to get into.
I had even went along with letting her choose my outfit for tonight since I'm positive that I would've just thrown on a normal jeans and shirt. But Ashley said we were coming here to find potential husbands- her words not mine- so we should dress the part.

"Ash, how did you know about this place!?" I asked loudly because of the music that was playing.

"Everyone knows about inferno Dayna. This is one of the hottest clubs in town!" Ashley shouted back.

"I didn't!" I shouted back as she dragged me through a crowd of people.

"Yeah but you're you Dayna! You're always unaware of most things for a journalist!" She yelled back.

"Hey! That's not true!" I yelled to her as she pulled me over towards the bar area where it wasn't as extra loud and clustered.

"Hey there!" She greeted the bartender with a smile.

"How are you doing ladies?" He turned to us smiling "What can I get you?"

"We need something that will give this one some confidence to speak up to the next hot guy that catches her eyes" Ashley said to him.

"Ash! I don't want to get drunk okay, nothing strong"

"You're not going to get shitface drunk, you just need some liquid courage. Something that will help give you a boost" Ashley said to me.

"How about not? Next thing liquid courage gives me too much courage and I'm waking up in some strange guys bed tomorrow? No I don't think so" I said to her.

"Oh come on don't be such a party pooper, you aren't going to be confident enough to talk to anyone unless you have some liquid encouragement" Ashley said to me before looking back at the bartender "Get us something that will boost the confidence"

Four liquor shots and a couple minutes later and I was a confident and courage parrot. I was definitely feeling brave enough right now and I was extremely talkative. I wasn't exactly drunk but I was definitely a bit tipsy. I don't know how it is that Ashley has always manage to succeed in persuading me to do things like this, but she did almost every time. I wasn't complaining yet, because I have to admit that I was having fun, something I hadn't done in a long time. Here I was dancing, laughing and having fun with my best friend until I was tired and needed to catch my breath.

"I'm going to sit down for a while over there!" I pulled Ashley closer and shouting in her ear.

"No, don't tell me you're done dancing already? Come on Dayna a few more minutes!" She yelled back still dancing.

"I just need to rest for a while!" I laughed "I'll be back once I catch my breath"

I went back to our place where we were sitting before at the bar telling the bartender to get me a bottle of water.

"Hey, I didn't know you were the party type" I heard the person sitting next to me said.

"Oh my God, you again!?" I groaned once I noticed who the person was.

The liquor in my system gave me enough courage to speak up and stand up to him instead of wanting to run away from him again.

"Is there no escaping you? You're starting to feel like a bad rash that just wont go away. You said you were going to leave me alone the last time we saw each other. Did you follow us here or something?!"

"No I'm not following you. You've been true to your words and honour your promise not to mentioned a word to anyone but I'm just as surprised to see you here tonight" Carter said to me "What are you doing here?"

"What does it look like I'm doing here!? I came here to party with my friend and have fun and now here are you about to ruin that" I said to him.
"Of all the clubs why choose this one?"

"I could ask you the same. This club is one that I often frequent. It actually belongs to my boss- you might know him- Giovanni Cavelli"

"What? Oh my God, of a the clubs Ashley could take me to she chose the one that belonged to guys who had me kidnapped and..." I was cut off by Carter covering my mouth with his hand.

"You be very careful of what you say around here understand?" He said in a warning tone "I'm very serious when I said you had better keep your mouth shut if you value your life"

"I'm sick and tired of all these threats" I said pushing his hand away and standing up "I'm leaving... Ashley!! Ash!"

"Wait a minute" Carter said pulling me bag "She's not going to hear you over this music while she's busy dancing. You try yelling her name now you're only going to look crazy and cause a scene. So why don't you relax and don't...."

"That's exactly what I'm going to do if you don't let go off me!" I said pulling away from him and dashing towards Ashley who was dancing with some guy "Ash! We have to leave!"

"You want to leave!? Dayna we only got here a few minutes ago, we're just starting to have fun, come dance with me... Hey you!" Ashley said excitedly to the person behind me.

"Hi!" I hear Carter replied.

"Why are you following me!?" I shouted at him.

"Look Dayna, now you've got a dance partner too. Handsome you dance don't you? Good, dance with my friend and help me convince her to stay longer" Ashley said before pushing me into Carter's arm and going back to dancing "Ease up Dayna, we came here to have fun so relax and do just that! Dance!"

"She did not just..."

"See even your friend think you should relax and enjoy yourself. She wants you to dance with me" Carter said to me.

"That's because she doesn't know the truth. If she really knew who you truly are she wouldn't be so happy to get me to dance with you!" I said to him trying to side step him. "And she deserves to know..."

"Well whose going to tell her? Certainly not you!" Carter said before grabbing me and turning me around wrapping his arms around me keeping me from getting Ash's attention once again.

"Hey! What are you doing!?" I asked as I felt him moving us both to the beat of the music.

"What does it look like we're doing Dayna!? We're dancing, you and I!"