Keith Kogane

It was only just recently when the incident happened.

Every local newspaper read
"House fire; 0 dead, 2 injured".
Everyone believed that it was started by an unsupervised campfire since it was started from outside.

However, no one really knew how it started.

It was your stereotypical standard Friday night. There was a highschool party being held that night, everyone from Galaxy Garrison High was invited, even the local antisocial loner, Keith Kogane.

"Ugh, this is so goddamn stupid." The teen grunted to himself as he read over and over the email invite on his computer.

He ran his fingers through his dark raven hair, standing up quickly from his desk chair and rummaging through the clothing in his closet.

"They're probably just doing this to mess with me." He spoke to himself as he pulled out a black jacket from his wardrobe and put it on over his dark blue shirt, following with his boots.

He walked down the sidewalk to the party, lighting a cigarette and putting it between his lips, inhaling the toxic fumes.

He walked up the steps and went inside, immediately being pushing and bumped into by the crowd of people surrounding him. He put out the drug by digging it into a dresser he walked by and flicking the empty bud into the abyss of people.

He could recognize everyone at the party from his school, but hardly anyone even knew his name. If looks could kill, he would be slaughtered.

After about 20 minutes of drinking light beers and heavy stares, he began heading for the exit to walk home.

Before he could grab the handle, he felt someone grab onto his shoulder and spin him the opposite way.

"Well hey there you little emo! Leaving so soon?"

It was asshole McGee, his name was Fish.

"I was going home, your party fucking sucks."

"Heh, well that's because you've only been having the light stuff my friend, we keep the good drinks upstairs." He grabbed Keith's wrist with a firm grip and dragged him upstairs into the nearest bedroom.

When they walked inside, there was a big group of people sitting in a circle with a pile of empty liquor and alcohol bottles surrounding them.

Fish threw Keith into the open seat space in the circle and sat back down in his original spot.

"Alright, I got the kid, pass me a shot."

Keith looked around at the people sitting around him. He recognized them all as the most popular kids at his school, some of them would ask Keith for cigarettes in the bathroom in return for not beating his ass.

"Okay so I'm here, now what?"

Everyone gave him a drunken giggle for a response and passed him a bottle of vodka.

"That bottle belongs to you. We were all just playing a game of Truth or Dare, why don't you play with us." One of the girls smiled at him flirtatiously.

He rolled his eyes and started to chug his drink, the sour liquid staining his breath.
After a few rounds and a lot of drinking, it was Keith's turn.

"Alright alright guys shut up," Fish began to talk before giggling through his speech. "Alright Keith, truth or dare?"

"Dare, lay it on me."

"I dare you, to kiss Lance MccLame over here." Fish laughed loudly and patted the boys back.

Keith laughed and blew a raspberry and stood up, wobbly walking over to the mentioned boy from the dare.

He crouched down and grabbed the collar of his blue and white T-shirt, planting a drunken kiss on the other boy, making it last for as long as possible.

When he pulled away, he started to hear echoes of laughter surround him.

The boy he kissed had a apologetic look on his face and looked in the opposite direction.

"Hah! I told you guys he would do it, I knew it I knew it I knew it!! Ugh Lance, how did it feel to be kissed by a fag!?" Fish laughed loudly, being followed by the rest of the circle laughing with him-
except lance.

Keith clutched his fist and ran out the door, throwing his empty bottle at a wall downstairs, spooking everyone around him.

He could feel a heat grow inside his fists the harder he clenched them as he walked down the street back to his own house.

The events kept repeating in his head, connecting together to make sense.

"God I'm so fucking stupid!" He shouted to himself.

He remembered the look on Lance's face when he pulled away, shock and then distress.

His fists were clutched as hard as they could be, it felt as if they were on fire. He bursted out into a fit of anger and yelled as loud as he could, feeling the heat extract from his hands into a more... psychical form.

He opened his eyes and looked at the scene in front of him. The bright radiance from a fire was making its way from a burning tree to the house next to it, setting it aflame.

He could feel his heart begin to drop as he looked back down at his hands which were charred black.

"What the fuck.."