Lance McClain

"Wow Hunk, she is gorgeous." those were the flattering words of everyone's favorite class clown, mister Lance McClain.

"Lance, come on, she is way out of your league." His friend, Hunk, replied back to him as he shoved cafeteria food into his mouth.

"Ugh, gross. How can you eat that cafeteria food goop? Its almost like eating your own vomit."

"If you're trying to make it seem unappetizing by being gross, nice try. I'm a big boy who likes his food. You just gotta deal." He smiled.

"Yeah yeah," Lance rolled his eyes as he continued his scout around the cafeteria. "Oooh what about her?"

"You mean Allura? Pff, please. She's way too smart to go out with you." Hunk meant it in a joking manner, really, but he was kinda right.

Allura was in every academic after school club and was in all honors classes, getting straight A's since they were in preschool.

"You gotta admit though, she can totally pull off the white hair." Lance smiled as he watched her walk by with her lunch tray, her light pink babydoll skirt flowing as she walked towards her usual table.

The longer Lance watched her, the more intrigued he got. He would watch her lips move as she talked to her friends and try to put it together in his head just what exactly they were talking about.

"...Hey Hunk," he began, sinking his face in between his hands that were being propped up on the table. "Do you think they're talking about me-"

"They're going to the beach." Hunk interrupted without even looking up at Lance.

"Wait wha- how do you know!?"

"Have you not been paying attention? There's posters everywhere for the end-of-the-year beach bash."

"...how do you know they're going?"

"Come on, She's pretty and popular. Of course she's going."

Lance looked back at Allura who noticed his gaze and waved at him with a kindling smile.

"Hunk buddy I hope you have some swimming trunks, cause we're going to the beach!"

Once Lance and Hunk arrived at the scene, Lance scouted around to see if he could spot a bikini-rockin' Allura, but alas there was no sight of her.

"Hunk I hope you were right about this." He slipped off his shirt and sandals and set down a beach towel to hold his and his friend's belongings.

He felt pretty confident of sporting his new blue and white swimming trunks he bought earlier that day, so he headed towards the crowd of people to see if he could get a better look at his search for Allura.

"Hey what's up my dudes, nice weather we're having." He flashed a smile and a wink at the crowd of people who were huddling close into a circle, all of them holding red solo cups that most likely had alcohol in them.

Everyone scoffed at him and began to walk away, a few of them muttering "loser" and "faggot" not so quietly.

Lance's happy-go-lucky smile quickly turned into a frown as he began to head over to the refreshments table for a drink.
Yep. There was alcohol.

He grabbed one of the cups and poured some Fireball into it. He always liked the stuff that would just make your throat burn, it was a kind of relaxing feeling since his skin was always so cold.

He took a few sips of his drink and spotted Allura in a pink and blue one piece talking to one of the lifeguards. He of course boundlessly wandered over to her.

"Hey eggs and bacon, what's shaking?" He winked at her and leaned not so casually against the lifeguard stand.

"Uh, hello. Do I know you?" She spoke with a thick and pure accent.

"Hi, the names Lance." He gave her a cocky grin that I swear to god had a sparkle in it.

"Well, hello Lance. I'm just talking with our fellow lifeguard here, Takashi Shirogane. I do admire that he is taking time out of his day to make sure none of us are idiotic enough to go drown after drinking." She smiled at the lifeguard and held her hands together with a hopeful and pure look on her face.

"Oh please, just call me Shiro. And I'm just doing my job, really. There's no need to speak so highly of me."

"Man fuck this guy, him and his perfect face and teeth and edgy haircut and scars, fuck this guy and everything he stands for. Fuck fuck fuck fuck." Lance thought to himself as he continued to force a smile at the two.

Shiro looked intently at Lance with a concerned look and noticed his cup.

"Excuse me for asking, but have you been drinking?"

Lance scoffs and takes a last sip of his drink before dumping it into the sand.

"Oh, I'm not the only one drinking, but I'm the only one who gets busted," he flicked the cup at Shiro's face and flipped him off. "Well fuck you too."

Shiro had a confused and concerned look as he continued to stare at Lance, then his expression changed as he looked over at Allura and back at Lance.

"Haha, oh uh, well, I best go help some people. It was nice talking to you two." He smiled as he walked off towards a group of people.

"Man, fuck that guy." Lance muttered to himself as Allura stood there shocked with disbelief.

"What the heck Lance!! First you dump out the toxic drink all over this beautiful beach that is full of all sorts of wildlife and amazing creatures to be poisoned by your drink, then you go and be a huge jerk to a lifeguard- someone who is here for your protection."

"Pff, I wouldn't even let that guy protect my little sister's poopy diaper." He snickered.

"Gross." Allura furrowed her brows and walked off with her arms crossed over chest.

"Figures." He headed back over to where he helplessly abandoned Hunk on the beach towel.

"Hey man, how'd it go?" Hunk asked as he continued laying down on his stomach on the beach towel, letting his backside bake in the sun.

"How do you think?" Lance laid onto his back, sliding a pair of sunglasses over his eyes and resting his head on his arms that were crossed behind his head.

"I'm sorry dude." He spoke sincerely.

Lance woke up shortly after and noticed everyone was gone and he and Hunk had the beach to themselves. Hunk was still napping, so to relieve stress Lance snuck his way into the ice cold waters, testing out his new suit.

He sighed with relief as his hot sunbaked body sunk neck deep into the clear ocean waters.

He started to feel the stress melt off his body as it began to numb itself in the chillness. There was a fish who kept circling around him and going in between his legs. He giggled as he tried to splash the creature the would continuously stick it's head up to the surface.

He went to splash it one last time, but after he hit the water, a ring of ice surrounded where he had hit.

His eyes grew wide as he looked at the ring of ice and looked back at Hunk to see if he was watching. Of course, he was still asleep.

He slapped the water again and more ice rings appeared wherever he touched.

"That's so fucking cool." He laughed as he continued to make circles and patterns in the water with ice and frost.