19.

Summer had almost come to an end, and there was still no word from Michael. Chessa truly began to think he was done with her, and that made her feel extremely shitty.

    Looking back, chessa should have known their friendship wouldn't work the moment Michael said his band was going on tour. Talk about a red flag. He would constantly be playing shows, or partying, or sleeping, or hell, even hooking up with random girls. The thought made chessa feel sick, but she wasn't an idiot. She understood that Michael was just another hormonal teenage boy who was always on the hunt for some action. She wasn't special to him.

She wasn't special to anyone.

Michael was always on the dot when he mocked chessa for having no other friends. And with no friends to get her mind off of things, chessa spent the entire summer sulking over the boy who she never even considered more than an online friend until it was too late.

She felt like an idiot for actually thinking he'd want to meet her once he got to the states. He was basically a fucking rockstar now. Why would he want to hang out with some random girl he hit up on Twitter over a year ago.

And let's not forget the rumors.

Chess followed fan accounts to stay up to date (stalk) Michael since he was clearly too busy to keep her in the loop himself. She saw the girls he "dated", the girls he went out with. The girls he was seen taking back to his hotel. The girls that made chessa cry herself to sleep some nights because she finally got it into her thick skull- that should be her.

Over time, chessa's sadness was accompanied by anger. How could he just blow her off like that? Did their friendship mean Nothing? She just kept thinking the same thing over and over and over.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Chessa had been laying in bed, cocooned up in multiple comforters despite the hundered degree weather when her phone went off. At first she chose to ignore it, thinking it was a new email or something, but she kept glancing over at her phone anxiously. She began to pick at the skin around her thumb, staring at the black screen of her phone. Her legs bounced before she finally lunged at the device and quickly turned it on. She smiled so hard it hurt as she read that she had a new direct message from the one and only Michael Clifford.

Michael: Hey, what's up?

That's It? Just a simple "hey what's up"? It had been nearly 4 months since the two had talked and the only thing Michael could muster up the courage to say was "hey, what's up?". Unbelievable. Chessa's cheeks burned red as she quickly began to type.

Chessa: Hey what's up? That's all I get? It's been 4 fucking months and all I get is a hey what's up? I've been sitting here waiting for you to answer any of my messages. So the balls in your court. You tell me what's up Michael

Michael: look chess. I've been really busy with the your and all and I'm sorry I haven't talked to you but you know how it is

Chessa: no actually I don't 'know how it is'. I'm sorry but if you have time to leave me on read you have time to be a decent friend and say hi. What's gotten into you?

Michael : nothings gotten into me I'm just a busy person? Why are you being like this

Chessa: not too busy for those other girls though right?

Michael: that's why you're doing this? You're jealous of some random girls?

Chessa: ya know what. Yes I am. Because I've been crying over you all summer while you bang a new girl in every city you go to. Do you have crabs yet michael?

Michael: omg Chess

Chessa: it's a valid question I think

Michael: look i know I've been a shitty friend, but you have no right to be jealous. You told me you didn't love me  I'm trying to move on. You made it seem like you didn't even want to see me.

Chessa: bc I was scared Michael!  God I was so scared. What if you were as amazing in person as you were online? What if I fell for a guy that lives across the world? How would that ever work out in my favor. I never said I didn't love you. I just didn't say anything bc I didn't wanna get hurt. Well look where it got me.

Michael: chessa

Chessa: there. You finally got what you wanted. I gave in.

Michael: chessa I'm sorry

Chessa: me too Clifford.

Michael: I just wanted to tell you I have a show in your town next week... I was just gonna ask if you could come

Chessa: oh fuck off
********
A/N: im so terrible lol sorry for being gone forever. I've had a really bad year. Several medication switches, abusive relationships, several failed classes, but whatever. WE'RE BACK IN ACTION. For real this time don't worry. Thank you for everything, you guys. XXX~ Hailey