1

You loved Namjoon.

God, you loved Namjoon.

And God, he was just...too scared. That was, too scared to upset you.

It'd been years, literal years, since you came out as trans. And he still walked on eggshells around the fact like it was too important to forget. And while you appreciated it, appreciated that he was so tentative to make sure he didn't offend you, honestly, he needed to come to terms that it was okay for femininity to be a part of you, as well as masculinity.

"Which one should I use?" you asked, and held three different face masks in front of Namjoon. He raised an eyebrow and looked them over.

"Um...," he hummed. "I don't know." He scratched at his neck. "This one." He pointed to a black bottle and you grinned, adjusting the headband on your head where it held your hair from your face and rushed off to the bathroom.

You took a few minutes to put the green-tinted cream on your face before you reached into the cabinet to put on the deodorant you'd neglected to apply before. But you found it wasn't there.

"Babe?" you called. "Where's my deodorant?" Almost immediately, practically at lightspeed, Namjoon was beside you in the bathroom.

"Oh, um...," he hummed, and reached into the cabinet to reveal a deodorant that read, 'Shower Fresh,' in pink and blue lettering. "Sorry, I just- I hate that smell of yours, and these were on sale in packs of two. I really didn't think about it, I just got what smelled better. And I use it, too, so..."

"Okay."

"It's not because it's women's deodorant, it was on sale and-"

"Namjoon."

"-it smelled a lot better than-"

"Joonie."

"-the one you had before-"

"Namjoon!" He stopped. "It's okay." You huffed. "You know it's okay, right?"

"...What's okay?" He seemed genuinely confused, and you laughed.

"I don't care that it's women's deodorant. It probably does smell better than the other one." Namjoon bit his lip. "You don't have to be afraid to offend me, Namjoon. I'm not offended."

"B-But..." He swallowed and looked at his feet. "You were always really...careful about it all..."

"I was. Before, when I was uncomfortable. I mean, look, babe," you held up your hand, which had pink polish adorning the nails, "you think if I was uncomfortable, I would wear this?" You chuckled. "I'm wearing a face mask and I have a pink pig as a stuffed animal. My coin purse is a butterfly. I mean, I have a coin purse!" He finally let a smile show. "You don't have to walk around being afraid to...upset me because you bought flowery deodorant that was on sale."

"...I know." You tilted his head up. "Sorry."

"It's fine. The only way you could offend me is if you started... I don't know, you stopped caring. Which is impossible." He leaned forward to touch his forehead with yours.

"Sorry," he apologised again.

"Maybe you should wear a face mask," you laughed, and he now had a bright grin on his face.

"Will I look sickly like you do right now?" You made a dramatic face with a smile and pushed him away.

"Just for that, you don't get one now!" You strode off and he walked after you, spilling out apologies again.

You loved Namjoon.