chapter 16

Secretary Day was a day that probably half of the people dislike it so much with reasons

Secretary Day was a day that probably half of the people dislike it so much with reasons. They said that it was not enough to appreciate the secretaries' hard work in the administration aside from giving some gifts or treating them for meals. The boss takes you out for lunch or dinner just for that day and it was the most awkward moment of the day.

However, according to Reborn, the Secretary Day in mafia world was as important as the New Year's Day. Secretaries in the mafia world were not only serving as secretaries, but they also could be their boss' right-hand, most trusted servant and so on. They also had an important task, which was not breaking their family's secret to anyone and this part was the one that determined their loyalty to their bosses.

In other words, I was told to attend this event in Naples. Each of the mafia families was taking turns to be the host of the Secretary Day event and it was Tomaso Famiglia's turn to be the host. Gokudera was giving his annoyed look when he knew who was the next host for the upcoming event. The silver-haired was supposed to come with me since he was Tsuna's right-hand man but he could not join as he would need to assist Tsuna for an important meeting. He only helped me by telling what I should or should not do during that event.

"You don't need to wear anything so fancy. Just pick any clothes that make you comfortable enough to wear."

"I'm not going to wear any dresses, especially if that reveals some of my body parts," I said flatly as I was busy choosing some dress shirt and long pants.

"Pftt, as if you actually can wear dresses," Gokudera snickered.

"I know how flat is my chest and how small I am, so you do not need to laugh at me," I growled in annoyance.

"Oh, sorry for hurting your feelings."

I rolled my eyes away from him as I knew that did not sound so sincere. I kept on looking for the clothes and when I found a polka-dot dress shirt that caught my attention, I grabbed it. Someone else did grab the same shirt I was trying to take. A young woman with wavy long hair was glaring at me and I think she was about my age. She roughly tried to take the dress shirt away from me but I did not let it go. I was the one found it first.

"Give it to me, it's mine," she hissed with her deep Italian accent.

"My hand landed it first before you, so I should take it!" I snapped back and I still did not let go of it.

"Oh really??" she snarled. "Even if you take it, I can pay much higher than the original price of this shirt."

"I don't care, and I'll take it what's mine," I tugged that dress shirt away from her hands and stormed off to look for Gokudera.

Within a few milliseconds, I was grabbed from behind and I was being slapped hard across my cheek. I grew so angry that I yelled back at that woman.

"Che cazzo vuoi (What the f*ck do you want)?!"

"I'll keep on stopping you until you give back that dress shirt!" the woman almost screamed with dissatisfaction and was grabbing my hair harshly. I shrieked with pain and I tried to pull her hands away from my hair.