Salvatores-Rivals

''Mother, why am I supposed to stay away from Salvatore's? What have they done towards me?'' I ask my mother as she fixes my dress.

''It is not what they have done to you, but what they have done to our family. A few generations before us, the Salvatore's stole thousands of dollars from our family. That is why they are now high up with the community, and one of the founding families. We eventually gained our riches back to the rightful owners. That is why we don't talk to the Salvatore's. We make our simple greetings at the Founding Families meetings and gatherings.'' I nod to her and flatten out my dress.  Today is one of the Founding Family gatherings. My father walks down the stairs and hugs my mother in greeting.

''The Salvatore's are greedy and they steal.''  My father tells me. I nod my head again in understanding. The Salvatore's are bad. I am to stay away. Still, I don't understand. They haven't done anything to me directly, and my mother always told me to never judge a person. I can't go against the will of my family, so I have to go against what I believe is right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''Hello Y/L/N's. It is good to see you on this fine day.'' Mr. Donovan says to us. My parents make small talk with him and his wife while I go to find people my age. This will be my first time coming to a Founding Family gathering. I have always been considered to young, but they changed the rules this current year.

Across the room I see a two boys, one around my age and the other is a little older than me. I walk over to them, smiling.

''Hello, I'm Y/n.''

''I'm Damon and this is my brother, Stefan.'' He takes my hand and kisses it. I smile at him and then I look at Stefan. He starts blushing and shyly smiles back. I giggle lightly, he was quite handsome.

''I see you gentlemen are as bored as me, would you like to accompany me outside?'' I ask them. They both nod and follow me out of the mansion. We run around for a little bit, laughing and having fun. Stefan started to open up and not be so shy, which made me smile.

''Wow. You run really fast.'' Stefan says to me. I laugh and stop because I get tired.

''Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n! What are you doing?'' I hear my mom shout. I turn and see that she is looking at me like I am crazy. As my mother is calling me, their father is calling them. He says Salvatore.

''Salvatore?'' I turn to them with confusion on my face, they weren't like I thought they were going to be.

''Yeah. Sorry we don't tell you, but you seemed too nice.'' Stefan tells me. He blushes and I smile at him.

''I don't care. My parents do. Tomorrow, both of you meet me at the lake, at dusk.'' I wait for them to nod and I run to my parents. I turn just in time to see Stefan looking at my direction awed, and Damon bumps Stefan in the shoulder, smiling. I blush and continue to follow my parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''Mother, I'm going to go write by the water.'' I wait for approval and when I get it, I go to the lake. (A.N. The lake that Silas throws Stefan in)

I balance on the rocks and get to the water, and wait for Stefan and Damon to come. It is not dusk yet, so I actually do start writing in my journal. I hear a twig snap and I look towards it, but see nothing. I turn back to my writing, when I hear someone walking up behind me. I quickly look, wanting to be alert, when I see Stefan and Damon in front of me.

''Goodness, you scared me.'' I place my hand over my heart.

''We're sorry. We had to go through the woods, our father was suspicious.'' Stefan explains to me. I nod in understanding and smile at him. I cant help but smile around him, he gives me a fluttery feeling in my stomach.

''We should take a swim.'' Damon suggests. I look at him confused.

''How?'' I ask. I know how to swim, and I have swam before, but it was with girls. We usually swim in our undergarments. I never really had a swim costume.

''We could just swim in our undergarments.'' He shrugs like it is no big deal, but Stefan and I blush.

''Why not?'' I ask, wanting to be confident and have fun with them. I look Stefan and he nods. I start to untie my corset, and they undue their suspenders. Damon jumps in the water first, while I take off my skirt. Stefan and I both jump at the same time. After disregarding that I feel naked, I start to have fun as we splash each other and have breath-holding contests. We all go under at the same time for a breath-holding contest. I am the last to go back up for air, which surprises me because I have lost all the other times.

''I wi-.'' But then I turn to what they are both looking at and it is my mother and father, along with their father.

''Please, sir. It wasn't Y/n's fault, we asked her to swim.'' Stefan says to my father, who is very angry.

''No, father, this is my fault. I asked to meet them again and I agreed to go swimming. I think this rule that you have against me associating with the Salvatore's is bizarre. Your rivalry needs to stop. What happened long ago doesn't have to define our relationships now. I will continue to see the Salvatore's, and more specifically Stefan because I have taken a liking to the younger Salvatore.'' I turn to Stefan and I seem him blushing, but smiling in agreement.

''You will not be going anywhere. You will be staying in the house, in exception for your lessons and when we have social gatherings, which you will not converse with the Salvatore's. Now get out of the water and put your clothes back on.'' My mother says and I glare. I mouth 'sorry' to the Salvatore's and they nod. I get out of the water and put my skirt and corset back on.

Though I was forced to stay in my house, I didn't stop seeing the Salvatore's.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Thanks for reading.

Be Lovely, Stay Lovely<3

Madison