Chapter 6. A fateful meeting

The 12 year old Micah above.

Hello everyone this is the chapter where they finally meet.  Yes it's for you my dear sister ;D Read to find out how. I like to thank everyone who voted for me. This story is one of the entries for Wattys2017 so please keep on voting.

Knightly's P.O.V

It has already been two weeks since the incident happened. I will never forget what i saw when my father's gamma Eric opened the safe room for us. We were a mess from the crying and yelling and Lilith was holding onto me for dear life. I couldn't console her when my own heart had shattered into pieces. Half of the house was gone and there was no sign of our parents or the rogues. Everything was destroyed. From the pain that we had earlier experienced, Connor and i knew exactly what had happened to our parents but we couldn't accept it yet. The power surging in me told me that my parents were no more.

Today is our parents memorial. It was organized by Eric because he thought we all needed some closure. I haven't talked to anyone other than Lilith and Connor for two weeks. We were sleeping in the same room at the pack house because were afraid of what might happen if we let each other out of our sights. Lilith doesn't want to eat or sleep either and we have to force her every time. She's still waiting for our parents. We're all broken and miserable and i feel like a failure as a son.

 I have played the whole incident a thousand times over and over in my mind asking myself what could i do better. Why wasn't i stronger i asked myself every time. Star was very quiet since the incident because he was mourning our parents death. I couldn't blame him because i was doing the same. Connor was fighting with himself too, i could see it in his eyes.

Eric told me that they were suddenly awakened from their sleep by a loud bang. He suspects that they were awakened because our parents killed Agiel. He thought that the spell was broken by Agiel's death. I didn't care about the information because my parents were already dead and nothing could bring them ever back.

I was standing in front of the window with my hands in my pockets while looking outside when Connor came to stood next to me. We were both wearing black suits as sign that we were mourning. He sighed then said "Lillith is giving the omegas trouble. She doesn't want to wear her clothes. Can you persuade her Knigh".  I nodded with my head at Connor then made my way to the room where Lilith was getting ready for the memorial. Seeing me the omegas immediately greeted me by calling me " Alpha" and the moment i heard that i got a feeling like the title had suddenly burned me. I never wanted that title so soon, i didn't even deserve it yet.

Seeing my reaction Connor stepped in and greeted the omegas on my behalf. Lilith ran to me with her half done hair while sobbing and she was fortunately already dressed. I picked her up and began to whisper soothing words to her. She immediately calmed down by my scent and buried her face in the crook my neck to get a better smell. Connor gently caressed her back and she was now finally content. I motioned one of the omegas then to finish combing her hair.

We were now sitting in the park where the memorial service was being held. Because our parents were public figures Eric thought that it would be better to dedicate a statue of four howling wolves to them. All the prominent public figures were invited and the reason of our parents death was given as a plane crash where no remains were found. It's harsh but nobody had to know the truth.

One by one people came forward to say something about our parents. It was starting to irritate me because all i wanted at that moment was for all of this to be over and done. I was dreading the whole situation because it was a reminder of how weak i was. I just wanted to die and all those people didn't really know our parents anyway. All they wanted to do was look good in front of everybody. As soon as they leave here they will forget that our parents ever existed i thought to myself while frowning.