Chapter 37 Determination

Knightly's P.O.V

Thanks for reading guys. Please comment and vote.

I heard Micah say "I'm sorry baby boy but we have to leave today" and my heart stopped beating for a second. Am i not going to see them anymore i thought to myself. How long will it take Micah this time to show himself to me i asked myself and my body began to tremble in fear. 

All the nightmares i had about him being killed by demons came flooding back in my mind again. All the gruesome scenes of his lifeless bloodied body with broken wings flashed through my mind again and i wanted to scream "I beg you please don't go. Please don't leave me alone" but i couldn't utter any words

I had already lived four years without my mate and child. I was certain that i wouldn't survive another day without them even if Micah and i weren't together yet. Connor felt my distress and quickly put his hand on my hand to give me strength. I tried to control my emotions but was failing miserably at it and was just about to hyperventilate when i heard Kingsley scream "No".

I looked up at my child and saw him trying to get out of his father's arms. Micah had a worried look on his face and i quickly got up and asked him in a trembling voice "Why the sudden change of plans Micah?" He looked puzzled at me and said "I'm on a difficult case at the moment which requires me to be on location all the time. I won't be able to come to him on time if he needs me"

Hearing that Kingsley started throwing a tantrum and yelled "No papa you promised me three days. I don't want to leave yet" then started crying. Micah caressed his back and said "But baby boy don't you want to have fun with uncle Noah and aunt Natalee. They'll be watching you and you always have lots of fun with them right?"

Kingsley started sobbing then nodded with his head and said "But i can't fish and hunt with them". Micah gave him a kiss on his head and i saw tears in his eyes. He quickly blinked them away and said "Kingsley i wouldn't take you back if it wasn't necessary. I really can't take care of  you from where i'm going".

 Was Micah maybe going to the underworld i asked myself because that's the only place which is far enough for someone like Micah to not be able to reach his son on time. I heard Kingsley suddenly say "Papa, let's stay for one more day please . I promise you that i'll be good and won't bother you".

Micah sighed and said "Kingsley please don't be difficult. I won't be able to carry out my duty if i don't know what you're up to. That's why we're going back and that's final". Hearing that Kingsley started screaming again and Micah struggled to calm him down.

I don't how but i suddenly got the courage and said "Let me take care of him". Micah's eyes widened hearing that and then he chuckled. He looked in my eyes and said "You got to be kidding me. Do you think you can handle a hyperactive child like him?"

I smiled at him and said "I'm certain that i can handle him because Connor and i have been raising Lilith by ourselves for fourteen years. Trust me nobody can be as hyperactive as her". I heard Connor chuckle from behind me. He walked up to us with Princeton in his arms and said "He's right Micah. Lilith is one hyperactive child and don't worry Alec and i will help take care of him".

Micah frowned and asked me "Tell me Knightly how are you planning on taking care of my child with your alpha duties and all. And what about your wife. I'm sure she will have a problem with it". My breath hitched hearing that and i stuttered "W, w, wife?" He looked in my eyes again and said "Yes Knightly, your wife". 

I looked at him in fear and thought to myself how long has Micah been thinking that i was married. That's why i quickly asked him "I have never been married Micah. Where did you get that information from?"