Chapter One

~Point of no returning, now it's just too late to turn around~

"VIKTOR!"

I look at the all-too familiar face on our laptop and smile to myself. Man, have I missed this Spanish fella. All five of us are sprawled on the couch, staring at the tiny computerized version of Viktor.

"Hey boys," Vik grins, waving at us. "How's it going over there?"

I look over at Louis and my whole face lights up. He has an arm hanging around my shoulders and I nuzzle myself into him further. I honestly can't be happier right now. In just a few weeks, Louis and I will have been dating for a year and a half. It's crazy to think how much time has passed. Ever since that trip, I feel like I've been floating on cloud nine. Life can't be more perfect than it is right at this very second.

"Everything's going great," Liam chuckles. "How are things going over there?"

He's sitting at the end of the couch. The laptop is placed on a desk and we're a good meter away from the screen so Viktor can see all of us. Niall and Zayn are sitting beside each other, their legs intertwined with one another and Liam is just sitting at the end, like a loner. Well, I mean he kind of is a loner right now.

It's sad to say things didn't work out with Danielle. He's had a few girls here and there, I won't mention any names, because that would simply be col(e)d of me. Anyways yeah, Liam's as single as a pringle right now, and to be honest? I think he's pretty happy about it. I think he likes the alone time right now, but who knows what will happen in the future.

"Things are beautiful over here boys," Viktor chuckles. "Say, when will you boys be back up to visit? It's been over a year since you've been back to the beautiful Punta Cana. We need to change that."

"We'd love to," Niall sighs, looking far off in dreamland.

"Management's been on our ass like crazy," Zayn sighs. "I wish we could come down, it would take a miracle for us to manage something like that."

"It was worth a shot," Viktor smiles sadly. "One day you boys will be back, I can feel it."

I'm not sure if it's the bad pixelated video quality, but I could have sworn that I saw a sparkle in Vik's eyes when he said that sentence just now. I'm probably just imagining things.

We continue to talk to Viktor for a good hour. After that, he says he has to go because he's about to go out to dinner with his husband who's up visiting him at the moment. We haven't been able to meet his husband, Mike Todd, in person yet but we're hoping that we'll be able to someday. We've heard so many good things about Mike, he feels like he's already part of our family!

Once Viktor has left the screen, Liam closes the laptop and turns to us.

"What should we do now?" he asks.

"Maybe we should start working on some new songs for our album?" Niall suggests.  "It feels like we haven't put out a new album in over seven years."

-     -     -

Things have been kind of slow since we got back from Punta Cana. We've had a few tours here and there, and we're trying to work on another album release for the fans. I'm not sure why, but writing music these days has been getting kind of hard.

The five of us are getting along swell, but I can tell that we're all slowly drifting apart. To be honest, it's scaring the shit out of me. I don't notice much from Louis and Niall at all. I notice a few tell-tale signs from Liam and quite a bit from Zayn. I'm worried Zayn might be the first to go.

I mentioned this once to Niall but he dismissed it right away and was actually mad at me for even bringing up such a ridiculous idea. He was mad at me for a good few hours that day. Even though I've noticed that the signs have gotten bigger and scarier, I keep it to myself and don't tell Niall, because I don't need him to be mad at me again.