Chapter Five

~Baby look what you've done~

"So how are we playing then?" Liam frowns, looking very concerned. "Am I not going to win? I wanted to be good at one game for once. . ."

"Liam," Zayn laughs and shakes his head. "I mean, yes you technically 'win' if you're not the first one to put your fingers down, but it also means you haven't done much so in a way it's a bit dorky if you win."

Liam glares at him and Zayn just laughs it off. Niall shakes his head and clears his throat. "So, this is how the game works. We all start at opposite ends of the room and the goal is to be the first two to meet up in the middle. Those two, decide a truth or dare for the three others. The three losers have to agree in unison if it will be a truth or dare. No exceptions. The game doesn't end until that said truth or dare is completed. Then we all just start again or go do something else or whatever."

"That sounds awfully complicated," Liam notes, scratching the back of his head.

"We'll figure it out as we go along," Niall shrugs.

"This utterly sounds like the dumbest idea," Louis says coldly.

"Just try it out, please?" Niall pouts. "I worked really hard on coming up with this game. I even tested it out with Zayn to see how many steps it would take to meet in the middle! It's only ten steps since the room is small!"

He gives Louis his puppy eyes and Louis groans. "Fine." Niall cheers in excitement and quickly runs over to a corner of the wall. The four of us do the same but realize there are only four corners, so Liam decides to stand in the kitchen hall at the same length distance. Once we're all positioned, I start to feel stupid. Maybe Louis is right, this does sound like a dumb idea. . . then again, playing Truth or Dare isn't really an option.

Why do we have to play a game though, is my question. I mean, yes it is nice hanging with the boys but can't we just sit and talk or binge a Netflix show? Since when did Niall become the planning guy? I thought that was Liam's job. Well, not job per se, but he enjoys doing it, so the rest of us don't really mind when he takes over.

"I guess I'll start," Niall smiles. "Never have I ever not finished an entire meal."

We all just look at him expectantly and he groans. "If you guys have done that, take one step closer to the middle."

The four of us take one step and Niall snickers. Since Zayn is on Niall's left, he points at him to go next; meaning we'll be going clockwise. Zayn contemplates for a while before saying, "Never have I ever dyed my hair."

Niall groans and takes a step. He side-eyes Zayn and Zayn just winks at him and mouths 'I love you'. Niall gives him the finger and Zayn bursts out laughing. Next is Liam and he smiles at Niall.

"Don't worry mate, I got you," Liam says. "Never have I ever highlighted my hair."

Now it's Zayn's turn to glare as he takes one more step. The rest of us burst out laughing and suddenly it's my turn. Oh shit, what haven't I done? That's the question. . .

"Never have I ever been in a play."

I can feel Louis glaring at me as he takes a step. Okay, maybe that wasn't the best option to go with, but it's all I could think of on a short notice! Man, so far this game has just been targeting people. I look at Louis and he is practically fuming. He has his arms crossed and he's glaring right at me. Without taking his eyes off mine, he says, "Never have I ever had curly hair."

Well shit.

I take a step and so does Liam. Everyone looks at him questioningly until he says, "The Gotta Be You era, remember?"