Loser Cooties

Robin loved when summer came around.

Reason is that she was able to go out late as there was no bedtime for her anymore.

And tonight was the perfect night to go out. Not only was the temperature just perfect but her parents were out for a few days helping friends and family that were quite far.

She wasn't even sure if they were allowed to leave her behind but being a loner with good grades had its perks. She was a trustworthy teenager.

Except tonight where she decided to walk to the park where her favorite swing set was. The only swing set obviously.

The only sounds were the rattling of the chains, Robin's feet pushing against the grass, and the distant party music. She usually didn't hear party music, but as long as it was faint she didn't mind it.

A lot of the popular kids lived in her neighborhood so it seemed they were having yet another end of the year party. They were already two weeks into summer break and still going at it. Robin wondered what could be so fun about those parties; being surrounded by drunk and sweaty teenagers with bad music pounding your ears. Robin has only ever approached these parties once but she felt it was the only experience she'd ever need to stay clear of them.

Being the loner and loser she was, parties just weren't something she wanted or was expected to go to. Popular kids were mean anyways, at least, the girls were. They were pretty but mean.

Especially Leslie, gorgeous but specifically targeted Robin as her loser to pick on. Weirdly enough, a small part of Robin felt honored that Leslie had chosen her.

It's like feeling glad to be someone's bitch.

Robin exhaled out her nose, closing her eyes and rested her head against the chain of the swing. It sure was nice that it was summer.

No more gorgeous bullies and no more being a low key masochist.

Robin could have fallen asleep if it weren't for the cool breeze to remind her where she was.

Lost in her thoughts, Robin hadn't heard the stumbling footsteps coming near until she heard someone sit in the seat beside to her.

Her eyes snapped open. Now out of her relaxed state, she turned her head slowly and nearly pissed herself at who she saw.

Speak of the gorgeous devil, Robin thought, bringing her hands down until they rested beside her thighs on the seat.

The girl just sat there, hunched over so she faced the ground and her elbows digging into her thighs. Her honey blonde hair covered her face and could've easily resembled the grudge if it weren't for the color.

In short, she looked like a really pretty mess.

A small sniffle is what caught Robin's attention. The ice queen was crying. She was surprised she wasn't seeing ice crystals falling to the ground.

Robin opened her mouth to say something snarky. It was a shameful thing to do, beating the enemy while they were down.

Yet before she could even make a sound Leslie spoke.

"Don't," she said, her voice small and shaky. "Don't say a thing."

Robin thought she must've had some great loser sensors because she hadn't even looked at her. And so she shut her mouth; chewing the inside of her cheek to distract herself.

Leslie straightened her back, running her hand through her hair to move it back to let it fall away from her face. She sat with the utmost grace. Her face was flushed and red, and Robin felt she was one of the few people she had ever seen that actually looked pretty after crying.