Hildy's Breaking Point

The villagers were very worried when Queen Delightful left to find Hildy, and to realize their Queen was to be replaced with Hildy, again, bothered them even more.

The castle looked the same as it did when Queen Delightful left for the day. Goldilocks dusted off the gold throne, patting the red cushions to make them extra puffy. "Here you go, my Queen." Goldilocks bowed to Hildy, sucking up to her.

Hildy reluctantly sat down. She glanced over to her husband. Grim was standing next to her, but instead of being nervous as was Hildy, Grim was checking out the sparkly throne. The bright gold color glimmered along with the shiny blue floors.

"Grim? Why are you so impressed with this?" Hildy let out a slight chuckle. "You've seen the inside of the castle before..."

"But Hildy!" Grim interrupted, "It's extra bright in here! It's never been this clean! It's just so wonderful! I wanna live here forever!"

"I don't..." Hildy muttered aside, catching Goldilocks' attention.

"What was that, your majesty?" Goldilocks asked.

"Nothing..." Hildy hurriedly said.

Goldilocks shrugged, turning around, she quickly said, "Shapeshifter will arrive soon to congratulate you on being Queen!" And with that, she skipped out the castle.

Once the castle door's shut completely, Hildy responded with, "Yeah. And I'm sure he'll come here to trick me some more!"

Grim rushed over to his wife, rubbing her arm in a rhythmic motion. "Aww, Hildy my Wildy... what ever do you mean."

Hildy finally had enough. It felt as if everyone was against her. Shapeshifter and Goldilocks used her to trap Queen Delightful and the 6D, now causing Queen Delightful to hate her. Starchy probably despised her too. Grim keeps asking what's wrong with her, as if it wasn't obvious enough.

Hildy pounced off the throne, yanking her arm away from her husband. "Because I DON'T WANT to be Queen! I DON'T want to dethrone Queen Delightful! I DON'T want Shapeshifter and Goldilocks to control my actions, making me look like a bad guy! And I DON'T want to be in a relationship with someone as simple-minded, juvenile and aggravating as you!"

Grim was stunned. He took paces away from Hildy, the corners of his eyes had miniature tears building up, but he blinked them away, his eyes suddenly hardening and he crossed his arms in a childlike way. "I'm only trying to care for you..."

It was silent for some time, until Hildy felt like breaking into tears. She ran over to Grim, pulling him in for a big hug, perplexing him even more. "I'm sorry, Grim. I don't know what to do anymore!" She said, squeezing the life out of him. Grim nodded, shifting uncomfortably. He finally wrapped his arms around her, trying to calm her down.

"It's ok Hildy..." Grim whispered soothingly. "But... you're really confusing me... do you still love me, or what?"

Hildy giggled a bit, wiped her eyes she glanced back at her husband. "Of course I do Grimmy. I'm confused too. I want to save Queen Delightful, but I don't know what to do. Ever since I got that choker as a gift..." She paused. "Wait a minute... the choker! Where is it?! Have you had it this entire time?"

Grim let go of his love for a second, searching his overcoat pockets. When not finding anything, he shook his head to indicate "no". Hildy sighed, letting Grim cuddle her some more. "It's ok Grimmy. We'll find the choker." Her voice was raspy from crying. She rest her head on Grim's shoulder, laying a short kiss on his jawline. "I don't know how to stop Shapeshifter."

"Don't worry my delicious demon," Grim hummed sweetly in Hildy's ear, making her giggle. "If you want to help Queen Delightful, your wish is my command."

Grim hugged his wife from behind, spooning her in a soft motion to ease off the pain of the world.

"What exactly is the plan?"

Hildy smirked, snuggling closer to the warmth of Grim. "We play along. Shapeshifter and Goldilocks want me to feel bad. They want to push my buttons and toggle with my emotions. Maybe if we act like we don't care, like if we follow along with their plans we can trick them just like they've tricked us. It's not the best plan, but for right now, it's the only one we've got."

Grim nodded. "I like that plan."

They continued holding one other, Hildy kept her head on Grim's shoulder, sleepily cuddling. They swayed their bodies back and forth like a mother rocking a baby, just enjoying one's company. Suddenly, Grim began singing a charming song to Hildy.

"I was scared of dentists and the dark. I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations...." when saying "pretty girls" he playfully nudges Hildy, and she lets out a soft giggle. "...all my friends are turning green. You're the magician's assistant in their dream."

Hildy began humming along in the background while Grim continued singing; "Ooh-ooh-oh. Oh-oh-ooh-ooh, and they come unstuck."

They soon began performing a duet. "Lady, running down to the riptide. Takin' away to the dark side. I wanna be your left hand man. I love you, when you're singin' that song... and... I gotta lump in my throat, 'cause you're gonna sing the words wrong."

Grim spun Hildy around in a dizzy yet cute spin. He then dipped her down, kissing her on the lips. She chuckled, and hand-in-hand, they walked through the slippery royal hallways, headed to the nearest guest room to get some well desired rest.