Chapter 6: The Brightside of the Dark

Guys I'm literally dying. I haven't slept much at all and I'm currently writing this at 3 am.

Oh well. Screw sleep anyways.

Does splashing water on your face really work to wake you up?

If so, I need to try that.

Anyways, enjoy the chapter guys :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean walked through the field with the small box of fireworks in his hands.

Sam ran up from behind and was smiling like an idiot when Dean paused to light a sparkler for his younger brother.

Sam ran around and laughed as he swung the sparkler around, having the time of his life.

Dean bent down and lit up a few fireworks, watching them fly in different directions.

"Dean look!" Sam shouted as he pointed to the sudden burst of color in the sky.

Dean smiled at his younger brother before he walked over and took a seat on the hood of the Impala.

Dean pulled out a beer and smiled at Sam fondly when he turned to retrieve a new sparkler from the box.

"Dean this is great!" Sam spoke as he bounced around. "Light another! Light another!"

Dean nodded in agreement and lit another firework, looking up in amazement as it shot into the sky.

"Wow," Sam muttered, an excited grin crossing his features.

He walked over and sat next to Dean, smiling contently as the sky lit up.

Dean was happy. He really was.

But, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cas just sat in the chair and looked at the motionless Winchester.

It pained him to see Dean in this vulnerable state.

The surgery would be tommorow.

In the two days since Dean's incident, Cas just sat and waited.

He didn't sleep. He didn't eat. He only sat.

He stared at the un-opening lids covering those candy apple orbs underneath.

He longed to hear Dean laugh and talk. He didn't care what he talked about. He just wanted to hear his voice again.

Cas looked away for a moment when he felt the tears begin falling.

He missed Dean. He really did.

He knew he had feelings for Dean. But he just kept pushing them away.

He couldn't feel the pain again. He couldn't let Dean hurt him again.

He suddenly wished he could go back to the kiss. To feel Dean's lips melt against his own.

But nothing lasts forever.