The Walk

It felt like if we ran for hours. My body was soaked with heavy sweat, my legs, thighs, feet were in great pain. The bearded man didn't look affected by all the running nor did the little child. Perhaps I was out of shape. After all, all I could eat was food from the garbage. The cost of items and food greatly depended on your breast size. Flat chested have to pay for a quadruple priced item while big breasted paid for 1/10 of the item.

"C'mon, we almost arrived at the forest." The bearded man said, with a limp arm I raised it. "Can't we take a break? I'm exhausted." I said. The bearded man turned around, a face of pure annoyance stared into mine. "Are you serious?" He said, his tone sounded harsh and flared. I started to cough and wheeze, my throat and chest ached like if someone slammed a jagged knife inside me. "Argh...fine, we will take a short break. Let's hide behind the nearby trees, who knows how much distance a sniper can have." A sniper? What's that?

We slowed our pace and marched to a bundle of trees, never before has my eyes seen a bundle of trees. We've seen lone trees scattered throughout the village of the breast, but none bundle up and together. The warmth of the sun, our space surrounded by life, and the song that the leaves sang in harmony with the wind. It felt like if I entered a gate of life, how it should've been, the life I desire for my mother and me.

The bearded man looked up and saw the nightfall beginning to set. Sparkling jewels fill the sky and the diamond of the sun rose into the cool sky. "We need to keep going. If we slow down more your mother will die." He said. As much as I hated it, he was absolutely right. Every second matter, every bit of life wasted is another moment of regret. However, the young girl we rescued is weary from the travel. "As accurate as you are, we need to rest for a few hours. The young girl is weary." I said I looked down at the child. Her face paler than the moonlight, her eyes red and teary and her legs trembling from all the walking.

"Then I will carry the girl. You keep walking. We're adults, we can manage better than the child." He said, he walked over to her and picked up the young girl into his arms. Carrying her will surely bring the child discomfort with her back and not earn a proper rest. We need to sleep if we wish to have the energy to travel further. "How far is the sanctuary?" I asked. He continued walking and said to me, "Close enough to keep your mouth shut for a while." What an asshole, can he not be a gentleman enough to provide more comforting and nicer words?

"You really are a piece of shit," I told him. He just chuckled and kept on walking. We walked in silence, staying a good distance away from each other. Yet I had my eye on him, making sure he didn't run from me, that he didn't take the young girl or do anything threatening. Yet I had no weapons nor training. If I could deceive him into training me in using his equipment and weapons, then I would be able to take him down, flee with the young girl and my mother away from this land and leave to some faraway land.

I looked up at him, his broad shoulders covered his face, I never noticed his height. A tall and muscular build, damaged clothing and very used equipment. I wonder if he is an outcast from the village of the dicks. And realizing it just now, his pants don't have a flyer. Maybe his dick was too small for the village of the dicks and perhaps outcasted him? It doesn't matter. I just have to deceive him, maybe bargain something in exchange of the training.

"Hey. Could you train me in using guns and your equipment?" I asked. He looked up, puzzled, "Why the hell do you need to know how to use a gun and more importantly MY gear?" He said. I held my hands tightly, it's my method of keeping a peace within myself. "I could exchange the training with my knowledge. The ways of mathematics, the path of science, and the journey of art."

His lips began shaking, trembling even. "Ha! What could you teach me? And what would I do with useless subjects!?" He said, nearly bursting into a laugh. So much fury built up inside me as if the words triggered a great amount of anger to break his skull in half. "Think about it dumbass, you could build great things to benefit you or aid you in exploration or battle. Discover something and taking advantage of your discovery. And creating stuff directly from your mind? Wouldn't that make you stronger mentally and physically?" I said.

He grunted and sighed, "Alright, alright. That does sound pretty sweet. You got yourself a deal, skinny." He said. I didn't even realize we never shared our names. "My name is Elizabeth musclehead," I said to him. "Right. I'll call you skinny. Call me Dragon or the deal is off." Dragon? The mythical beings of the past? "Fine, even it's a ridiculous name," I said. "Sure skinny. I'll teach you once we arrive at Sanctuary. It shouldn't be far." His voice changed, it sounded collected and warm. I felt welcomed for once.