Author's note

So yeah, here's my author's note!

this is mainly based off of the musical "Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812" written by Dave Malloy.
which of course, makes it also based off of "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy.
With some minor influence from the 2016 tv show "War and Peace".

So obviously, I don't own any of these characters, just a quick disclaimer.

and by the way this is only gonna be a one chapter story!

So this takes place at the very beginning of the musical (not sure where this is in the novel), as Andrey is leaving to fight in the current war.
So of course, he says goodbye to his betrothed (Natasha) and gives her a necklace as a sign of their love,
and before he leaves, he goes to Pierre's home to wish him well.
In the cannon, Pierre and Andrey are very close friends, as affection between them is constant and strong. It would be rather believable if the two were to ever engage in a romantic relationship, as they are already so close, and share such a strong bond.
So for the sake of this story's universe Pierre and Andrey have been close friends for a long time, and eventually at some point in their relationship, things escalated into a more romantic relationship.
So they've definitely kissed before, and have probably been involved with one another for around 1-2 years. They're relationship is solely romantic, not sexual! Pierre doesn't really care for sexual relationships, and Andrey respects that- (respect, and understanding are key to a relationship!)

But Andrey still really cares for Natasha, but at the same time has really strong feelings for Pierre, which results in some inner conflict.

Hélène, Anatole, Dolokov, and Princess Mary are the only people who know about this relationship, considering homosexual affairs weren't really accepted back then
But they all support it, as they want their happiness.

At this time Hélène, Anatole, and Dolokov are off at the club together, therefore Pierre is alone at home (with the exception of his servants).

It would make sense that Pierre usually asks his servants to leave him be at night. He's super kind to them, and tells them that they deserve some rest, as he's a genuinely considerate, and thoughtful man.

So the servants let Andrey in, but they know not of Pierre and Andrey's relationship.

And also, as you may know, Helenè and Pierre are married, so yes, they do live together. And there's of course, a spare room where Anatole and Dolokov can stay when they need a place to crash. And yes, Hélène, Anatole, and Dolokov are all sexually and romantically involved with each other.

It's up to the reader to interpret their relationship, but I personally believe that they all really strongly care for each other and seek to protect one another. So yes, incest between Anatole and Hélène is hinted at (which is cannon) , and Dolokov is having an affair with both Kuragin siblings.

So yah, that's all the background info you need to know!

Warning, this is rated like p.g. 13, considering there's some references to a sexual relationship between the characters. But I promise nothing graphic, so it's really not that bad. The language isn't really Vulgar, and there's no extensive swearing.

and just know this is a boy x boy fic , so if you have a problem with that, this is not the fic for you!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on these characters, and ships, so please make sure to be respectful!
Hope you enjoy, yeet! <3