09 | Green Hood

"Tommy?" I shouted in the open air of Queen Mansion. I raced inside of the foyer, heart rapidly pounding in my chest as fear seeped into my veins. The wooden door slammed against the wall, bouncing off of it as Chase followed me inside.

Thea called me near the end of the lunch with my dad, quickly informing me that our brothers were kidnapped by a group of thugs and back home safely at Queen Mansion. As soon as the words left her mouth, I went into a full blown panic, terrified of what happened to my brother. Fries went flying in the air everywhere and a ketchup packet landed on Dad's suit. I barely managed to speak fast enough to tell Dad what happened and how I would call him later before I hightailed out of his office with Chase in tow.

When I heard the word 'kidnapped', all I thought about was Tommy being put through even majorly as bad as I went through. To think he was placed in a van with a bag over his head and beat up absolutely terrified me, and brought back that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I needed to know my brother was okay. Thea said they were safe, but it was something I needed to see with my own eyes.

I would personally kill anyone who put a hand on Tommy. If criminals thought Code Black was dangerous when they messed with me four years ago, they had no idea what I was capable of when they messed with my brother. We just got Oliver back, too. I was not willing to lose him again so quickly.

Despite being in Queen Mansion, where they were heavily guarded now, more than they had ever been before, Chase didn't take any chances after what happened here. He was hot on my heels, not bothering to close the door behind us. His long legs easily kept up with me as I ran through the foyer of the house.

"Tommy?" My voice echoed against the walls. I bounded up the right side stairs, eyes wildly searching for my older brother. Where the hell was he?

"Hensley?"

I rounded around the corner of the stairs and sped down the walkway to the first door on the left, automatically knowing they were inside. Instantly, I spotted Tommy on the edge of one of the couches in the den and he jumped to his feet when he saw run inside. I ran straight to him, not bothering to pay any attention to the rest of the Queen family, including Walter, or the two detectives in the room.

"Oh, thank God." I breathed, throwing my arms around my brother's torso. My arms tightened against his body, relieved to see he was in one piece.

Everyone's eyes fell on me in the room. None of them mattered to me in the slightest. All I cared about in this moment was that my brother was okay after being kidnapped. If I hadn't gone to lunch with our dad, maybe I could have done something to prevent all of this from happening. I could have stopped this. I, also, would have given part of my secret identity, but Chase would have been able to take control of the situation.

Still sitting on the couch, Oliver gazed up at us with a look of surprise when he saw how distraught I was. I smiled down at him when we made eye contact, a simple way to let him know I was thankful he was okay as well. I pulled back from my brother, quickly examining his face to see if he had any cuts or bruises.

Tommy smiled at me in reassurance, "Hens, I'm fine, I promise."

I frowned at his response, not believing a word he said. "No, you are not fine, Tommy!" I waved my hand through the air at Oliver on the couch. "Neither of you are. You were kidnapped!" I whirled around to the two detectives, instantly recognizing Laurel's father as one of them and the other as Detective Hilton. "Do you have any idea who did it?"

The question was from a worrisome sister, but, also, as a determined vigilante that planned to wreck havoc on the men's lives that did this to them. Once I found out who they are, they would regret ever shoving bags over Tommy and Oliver's heads.