chapter three

School on Monday was fucking intense. Everyone was on edge. Even Gerard flinched a couple times when someone slammed a locker. 

"You good?" Frank whispered to the back of Gerard's head during Honors English. Gerard's anxiety had been especially bad, and everyone could tell. Each night, he would wake up with a nightmare and crawl out of Frank's bed and stumble to the bathroom so he could cry. Frank really wanted to go to him, and try and help his best friend, but he needed to sort things out in his own mind before he could help anyone else. 

"Y-Yeah, I think," Gerard turned around slightly. "D-Do you think we could get out of here?"

"Absolutely. Just wait until this class ends, okay?"

Gerard nodded, and turned around again. Frank noticed that G's fingers were tapping quickly, and his was bouncing his leg uncontrollably. 

"Mr. Barker?" Frank said quickly, raising his hand. "Can I go to the bathroom?"

"Sure." The teacher responded, not raising his head. Frank quickly made his way to the abandoned bathroom, where he pulled out his phone and texted Gerard.

meet me in our bathroom as soon as u can, okay g?

xo, frnkie

Gerard quickly responded.

i'll be there in a second. i dont really think barker cares where tf we are bc we were at the murder scene and everything. we were only a little traumatized. no biggie

Frank stared at his phone. He could tell Gerard was upset. 

hey, it's alright. we can ditch the rest of our classes, okay?

Gee instantly responded.

okay, leaving barker's room, see u in 5

Frank pulled out a pack of Camels, sticking the death stick between his teeth and inhaling the relieving smell of nicotine, drowning out the wretched smell of bathroom chemicals. God, he fucking needed this. His eyes fluttered shut as he inhaled deeply.

"Mind saving a smoke for your ol' bud Gerard?" A voice said.

"You know it," Frank grinned, opening his eyes and staring into the face of his best friend. 

Gerard lit his cigarette, inhaling deeply.   "Mhm, that's good."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

Frank walked over to the sink, staring into the mirror. "We should get out of here."

"Yeah, we should," Gerard sighed. "I'll drive. Wherever the fuck we go."  

"Where do you wanna go?"

Gerard stared down at the blue tiled floor for a moment, and then looked at Frank.  "Grind House?"

Frank grinned. "Hell yeah."

Grind House was Gerard's favorite coffee shop. It was located on the upper side of town, which the two boys never went to. But no one they knew would be there, so it was a perfect place to go. 

Gerard cranked up the radio in his car, not speaking. His golden eyes glowed as he focused intently on the road.

"You know," Gerard finally spoke. "Life really fucking sucks."

"It really fucking does."

Gerard exhaled. "I never thought it could happen here." 

Frank sighed, turning to face his best friend. "Honestly, I don't think anyone did. I don't think anything like that happens around here. At least not in our lifetime. But things'll get better."

"Frank, I ignored him my whole life. I feel like it was my fault."

"G, how could it have been your fault?"

"He was texting me over and over again because he thought someone was following him, but I ignored it."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 02, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

the bastards of bellevilleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें