Chapter Twenty-Six (Alex)

"Slow down," Andrew complained from the passenger seat. He was hurriedly sliding a full magazine into the Browning. He checked to make sure the safety was on, then handed the gun to me. I grabbed it and slipped it into my shoulder holster.

     "Alex," he said, staring at me.

     "Yeah," I answered.

     "Slow down," he repeated. I glanced at the speedometer and realized I was going 90 on the long winding forest road. I eased my foot off the gas, bringing my speed down to 60.

     "Not much of an improvement, but I'll take it."

     "I'm not wasting any time finding her, Andrew," I said coldly. Andrew pulled out his own pistol and inserted a full magazine into it, not looking at me.

     "Since when do you outwardly care about this girl?" he asked. I resisted the urge to give him a glare, and kept my eyes on the road.

     "Since my outwardly not-caring put her life in danger." Andrew remained quiet as he slipped his pistol into his shoulder holster. We both wore our holsters over our shirts. One, chafing from a holster was pretty uncomfortable. Two, when we find these assholes, not if, when, I want them to know we're coming full force, guns blazing.

     I want them to see the danger as it comes to them, that way I can smile while I put a bullet through their heads. I felt myself slowly begin to smile as I became overwhelmed with scenarios of my revenge.

     "Alex," I heard Andrew say, snapping me out of my thoughts.

     "Yeah?" I asked, the smile disappearing.

     "Grace wants us to meet them somewhere. They found something." I felt a hollowness in my stomach, and I hoped the something wasn't a bad something.

     "Where?" I asked. He told me the location.

     "Why in the hell would they take her in the middle of the woods?" Andrew asked. My mouth set in a hard line and my foot once again became heavier against the gas pedal.

     "The same reason we kept her in the middle of the woods," I said, my eyes staring hard at the road in front of me. "So no one could find her."

__________________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter was extremely short, but I want the POV to be mainly Lena. I like maintaining Alex's mysterious vibe :P

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX QUESTION:

DO YOU THINK ALEX WILL BE ABLE TO FIND LENA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE?