chapter two.

Indyamarie

I woke up around dinnertime to my mom calling me downstairs. I got up from my bed and skipped down the stairs two by two. I was really hungry, and I smelled grilled cheese. My mom is the best at making grilled cheeses, and it was tradition. It was a Wednesday night, and every single Wednesday before my parents got divorced, we used to have grilled cheeses for dinner. I hadn't eaten one of my mom's in a million years.

  "Glad to see you're up." She joked, flipping the sandwich in the pan. I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I pulled a chair out from underneath the table and sat in it. There was some seriousness to what she said, though. I was asleep for 6 hours. Oh well, guess I just won't sleep tonight.  My mom snapped me out of my thoughts by placing  a steaming, fresh, delicious grilled cheese in front of me. She pulled a chair and sat down as well.

"So how has Cali been?" she asked.

"Not as fun as Miami." I answered.

"Well, I'm sorry the court decided for you." she said apologetically.

"Nothing you could've done about it, I guess." I defended her. The overall tone of the conversation had turned mellow, so I decided to lighten it up. "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"Remember that time we went to the water park as a family?" A smile crept onto her face. "And we got so lost we had to ask-" she cut me off in the middle of my sentence.

"A park ranger from a Nature Reserve 100 miles east of there?" We sat there telling stories and reminiscing for hours until we both started laughing so hard that we were out of breath. My mom finally caught hers. She wiped a tear from her eye, it had been there as a result of laughing so hard. She got up from the table, and took my plate to the sink along with hers. "Well I better get to bed, I didn't expect to be there that long, and it's getting late." she explained. "Goodnight Indya, love you." she said, walking over to me. She hugged me and kissed my cheek before turning around and walking up the stairs.

"Night mom, love you too" I replied, yawning. I plopped down on the couch and pulled out my phone. I texted Ski.

   I quickly ran up the stairs and all the way into my mom's room

I quickly ran up the stairs and all the way into my mom's room. Thank god she wasn't asleep.
"Hey ma, can I pleasepleasepleeeeease go to a party tonight?" I asked.
"Sure, you're an adult now, you can make your own decisions, but anything that happens is on you. Make good choices. Love you."
"Thanks, mom. I love you too. And I will" Little did I know I was lying. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I turned the corner and walked into my room and picked out an outfit. Ski did I was meeting his friends. Gotta make a good impression, I guess. I went to my room and quickly picked out an outfit of a cropped sweatshirt and some black leggings. So much for impressions. Oh well, I thought as I hopped in the shower. 5 minutes later, I got out and blow dried my hair out natural. I put on some concealer, nude lipgloss, and highlight with simple eyeshadow and a somewhat dramatic wing before filling in my eyebrows. {A/N- outfit in mm😊} Just as I pulled on my converse, I heard a knock at the door. I grabbed my phone and charger off of the counter and ran downstairs. I opened it to none other than Ski. He pulled me into a hug.
   "Malady." He put his hand out and I put mine in it as I blushed. He spun me and closed the door behind him. When we got to his car, he opened the door for me and gently shut it after I got in. I was nervous, and it was obvious. "Why you shakin ma?" He chuckled.
    "Just nervous. I haven't been to a Broward party in a long time." I said. I forgot what it was like to let the xannys and lean wash all my worries away. I do remember why I quit though, and I was gonna make sure I didn't go overboard tonight.
    "Don't be nervous, boo. It'll come naturally. Just go with the flow." He said, bodyrolling. I laughed and playfully punched his arm. He faked being hurt, which made it funnier. I forgot how far away Miami is from Broward, so the drive there seemed like forever. Eventually though, we got there. I opened my door, and Ski was already waiting for me. We ~formally~ linked arms. I laughed as he escorted me inside. There were clouds of smoke and the air smelled of Hennessy. I pulled it together as Ski walked me over to his friends. There was one with half black and half blonde dreads that really caught my eye. He was really cute, but he looked...different. Ski started with a guy with pink dreads that had kinda grown out, and he was looking me up and down. "Pump, this is Indya. Indya, Pump." He went around, introducing them all. He introduced Wifi and Purpp before he finally got around to the one I had been eyeing. "Indya, this is XXXTentacion. But he goes by X." Ski said. He butted in.
"Some girls call me YungDaggerDick though, so that works too." He winked at me and I melted. Wonder why they called him that? Oh well.
"Sup boo?" He snapped me out of my thoughts. He held up about 6 blunts. "Wanna go smoke these?" He said, winking again. This time, I blushed.
   "I'd love to." He took me by surprise and grabbed my hand before practically dragging me through the crowd and up some stairs. We found an empty bedroom and I sat down. He shut the door behind us and locked it. I didn't like that, but I was too dazed by him to do shit about it. He handed me one and held a lighter to it after I put it between my lips, being careful not to smudge my lipgloss. We smoked them all.
  "So, Indya. What's your story,ma?" He asked. So I told him everything from the kid I liked in kindergarten to the divorce and modeling. Of course, I never noticed. Guess it was the weed.
  "Well, I've done everything possible to get my mom to notice me, and it's even landed me in jail a couple times. I just got out a few months ago, though. But those were unrelated charges." He said lowly.
  "What happened?" I asked. "If you don't mind."
  "Nah, it's fine. My ex fucked me over. Claimed I abused her while she was pregnant. Bitch was lying to all their faces. If I'm being honest, I made a mistake and got really drunk and she came over a couple days ago and we fucked. But I'm done with her." He confessed. Tbh, I was only really looking for a fuck and dip anyways so it's really whatever and I didn't care about his ex.
   "Sounds bad." I consoled.
   "Indya, can I ask you something?"
   "Sure." I replied.
   "What would you do if I kissed you right now?"
   "Well I don't know why you would-" he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine.

A/N- cliffhangerrrrrrr! I feel bad leaving it there bc I'm about to leave for a camp that lasts 20 days but I will try my absolute hardest to update while I'm gone. I only get my phone for 2 hours a day and I'm gonna be calling friends and shtuff, so pleeeeease be patient. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter (it took me a million years to write lol) and I'll update asap. Gn loves -<3

1,321 words, unedited.