13 | The Unexpected Information

"Hello Miss Bergman. Welcome back." Mr. Pockets said, not removing his eyes from whatever he's working on. I slightly smiled at his greetings.

Geez, I haven't been here since ages.

"You alright there? You don't look so good." He said, after looking at me.

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. And yes, I'm perfectly fine." I replied. As he let out a slight chuckle.

"Well then, I think you'll be happy to hear that there won't be any contracts today. You're free to go anytime." He said, as I gave him a slight fake smile.

Seriously? I got dressed up at 12:35 Am on a Saturday night for nothing?

Disgusting.

"Well then, thank you Mr. Pockets" I said politely, before quickly grabbing my purse and heading outside.

Hell yes, I'm free.

"Hey Loie!" Someone shouted from behind me. I quickly look behind to find Amy smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey Amy!" I replied back with a smile. An idea popped into my head out of the blue.

"Do me a favor?" I smiled innocently.

"Yeah sure" She replied back quickly.

"I was wondering if you can maybe tell me where does that friend/investigator of yours work?" I said.

"Well, uh, yeah sure. Follow me." I followd her quietly until we reached a part of the team's building, in which I've never been in.

"This." She said, directing the part we're in. "Is where all the researches and investigations are done." I kept on following her until we reached a small room with the name 'Drake' written on it.

"You can go in, I have some other stuff to do." She said.

"Alright." I replied before knocking on the door. The door opened and a tall figure opened the door.

"Hola" He said. "What can I help you with?"

Polite much?

"Hey. I was wondering if you can maybe give me more information about my dad? Maybe even how you've managed to get him? You know, I would like to about everything." I said hesitatingly.

"Your dad?" He asked in confusion.

"Uh, yes? Eric Bergman? " I replied.

"Oh! Yeah, right! C'mon in." He said, opening the door widely for me to enter. The room was a little decent, quite messy though.

"Well, well, well. Let's see." He said, opening one of the huge files he had in his shelf.

"A member of our team has been spotted a couple of times before in California and LA. No one have known his true identity, yet, he does appear on our records as a team member. A very known fact in here, no one is allowed to leave the team, for some security/privacy reasons. Everyone in this team was in a state of confusion at first, so we had to look at him a little closer.

"After a couple of days, we came to conclusions that he's actually one of the team. He had survived the accident and in perfectly fine conditions. He's also 
in contact with one of Walter Hays' team members, also known as Alexander. Fortunately, he didn't give any informations about our team, we're not so sure about that though.

"A lot of us here at Team Ramrod know that your father isn't in good terms with Walter Hays, so It's a mystery why he has been in touch with that Alexander kid. A whole lot of rumors spread, some saying they're in secret agreements, some says that they're related, in fact, a father and son. In which we think is true.

"In his new record, it's written that he's divorced from a lady, we don't know all about her though. But, they both shared a kid, and divorced after one year from their child's birth to be specific. That's why we think that its true, but we still aren't sure if he's the one or no.

"Personally, it's taken me by surprise that Mr. Pockets didn't seem to look so shocked or surprised after all. Who knows? Maybe he had known after all. I expected a little bit of reaction from him."

"Wow" was the only word that came of my mouth.

"So my dad really is alive?" I asked.

"Frankly, yes."

.
.
.

"Hey loie" Kate said enthustaticly as soon as I entered my home. God, is she ever sad?

"Hey" I said quietly.

"Made you some Pasta. I know it's your favorite, want some?" She asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied, with a slight smile.

Her phone was left open right beside me. I didn't notice until it vibrated, causing me to jump slightly.  I felt the urge to know who's she's texting,

Damn you curiousity.

Nat (1) It reads.

Kate:
- She's gone to work now

Alex:
- I suspect she gets back earlier, if you ask me

Alex:
- I've heared that she's gone to Drake. He can't possibly tell her everything, can he?

Kate:
- Daaaammnnn Daniel

Alex:
- She can't know, not yet

"I'm back!" Said Kate, loudly. I jumped and threw the phone beside me.

Can they possibly be talking about me? How did he even know Kate? I decided not to talk about it for now, I'm just too tired to know any more information.

I took the food from her and politely thanked her, as we both ate in complete silence, until I was full enough. I exused myself to go to sleep, it's been a long day.

I did my usual night routine and headed back to sleep after turning off the lights, no sound is to be heared except for my heartbeat, still working, still fighting. I made it through one day, and I'll make it through another.