Pre-birthday Checklist

"I don't want to celebrate my birthday this year." "Why not?" "Because if I do... you'll die." "Come now, you're being childish. You're almost 1800 years old now, act like it." "What if I don't Old man?" "Then I won't make you your favorite treat. Nor a cake you like." "You're so mean, Old man."

Ashi was silent today, as he continued to work, the whole house could tell he was out of it. Finny moved to follow him, before he tossed a small ball down the hall past Ashi.

"Finny-sama... are you trying to get me to play fetch?" Finny froze before he gave a mumble of no before Ashi shook his head with a sigh and walked to him, "Finny-sama, If you wish to play tell me." He place his hand near the wall looking at him with a smirk, "Or is it a different kind of play?" Finny looked at him cluelessly before Ashi gave a sigh and moved back.

"You should get back to work Finny-sama. Sebastian won't be happy if you slack off." He then abruptly turned and left the room. Finny looked shocked at how harshly he was spoken to before he gave a mumble, "I guess he doesn't want a ball." Ashi took a deep breath before he took off the suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves to begin washing dishes, the top two buttons undone. Bard looked at him before he noticed the collar and something on his hand.

"Is that a wedding band?" Ashi paused before staring at the silver ring on his finger, "It was a gift. When I turned of age." Bard looked towards him, "How long was that?" Ashi began to clean again mumbling shortly, "Long enough." He begun to clean again while he thought for a while, "What is your favorite flavor of cake?"

"Vanilla." Bard silently cheered as he got the answer before Ashi's tail swished side to side, "Yours?" Bard quickly responded, "Hmm? Well I like chocolate." Ashi gave a nod before he placed the eatery up, "I better go Ciel wishes for me to accompany him into town."

"Wait!" Ashi paused from walking away before sighing, "Yes Bard-san?" Bard hastily tried to ask a question, "What's your favorite color?" Ashi looked at him, before he thought for a bit, "I've never thought of that."

"Old man, what is this?" A little boy stared at a blanket that was in the closet. The older male turned before smiling, "That's green. It's quite lovely isn't it? I believe englishmen call it 'pastel' green." The boy smiled softly touching the blanket with a happy expression, "It's beautiful..."

"I would have to say pastel green." Bard suddenly looked shocked before bluntly saying, "Huh!? But that's a girl- uh." He froze at the blank stare Ashi fired. Ashi turned around and walked out, Bard was on the ground sporting a triple ice cream scoop on his head.

Hour later:

Ashi was currently walking as his fox self, though he was much more careful before he contently leapt up onto the shoulders of Abberline, "Ah!"

"Abberline, are you scared by a little pest?" The fox sent a harsh glare to the man, suddenly he was lifted up and set onto the ground before it took off. Ashi walked back as himself with Ciel starting to read a piece of paper, "Yoichi! Pleasure to see you again, you look well."

"I am, well. It is good to see you as well." Ashi and Aberline seemed to had suddenly became good friends. Sebastian glanced towards the inspector along with Ciel before Ciel ordered, "Ashi... pay attention." Ashi suddenly snapped out of his friendly demeanor, "Yes sir." Ashi just looked around, smelling the air without anyone noticing, he did not smell any spices that Sebastian had taught him to pick up nor the scent of dirt from India.

"Most of the indians who've come here illegally hole up in the criminal neighborhoods of the East End." Ashi looked at the bodies as they were starting to be carried away, before smelling the air near them, he could smell curry. Ciel looked bored before turning, "Let's go, Sebastian, Ashi." Sebastian nodded, glancing towards Ashi, "Yes, my lord." Ashi didn't notice the look as he moved forward, "Alright." Ashi walked by Abberline before paused and touched the man's shoulder, causing him to flinch.