Chapter 18

Lil double update for y'all since I've been gone for so long!!

ALSO CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT FUTURE FRIENDS??

HEARTTHROB, VACATION, AND IMAGINARY PARTIES SOUND SOOOOO GOOD!!

(of course all the others as well, just that I'm very excited for those three😂)

Enjoy!

-

Mitch's POV

It was the last week of school.

It was also a little bit more than a month since I broke things off with Scott.

Honestly, it's been awkward.

We don't talk very much anymore, which is partially my fault since I've been so short with him.

Our 'conversations' mainly just consist of greeting each other in the hallways.

....

Yep.

I notice he yearns for us to talk more, but I usually just make an excuse that I have to get to class or that I gotta go to the bathroom. And in truth, I just do that to avoid any further talks so I don't fall in love again.

That's right, I don't love Scott anymore.

I've distanced myself and I'm a completely independent omega who don't need no man.

Well...

I've actually been talking to this one alpha. Scott was pretty good friends with him, they were on the football team together. But we aren't official! Just a lil fling, that's all.

A very, romantic fling.

Actually, I'm kidding. We are pretty serious.

In fact, I think he's going to ask me out tonight.

His name is Avi.

He's verrry sweet and handsome. He has dark, long hair and a super duper low voice!

Did I mention that he's attractive?

-

Scott's POV

It's been over a month since Mitch and I have had an actual conversation. It's already the end of the school year, too.

The end of high-school.

I couldn't find the courage to keep talking to Mitch. To try to reclaim my position as his best friend and love him, make him happy. All I want for him is to be happy.

But it looks like he's happy with someone else.

Avi.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. He's one of my best friends. Or at least, was.

He stopped hanging around me however, right as he started talking to Mitch.

And now they're the school's 'couple goals'.

They hold hands in the hallways, always laughing and joking along, embracing whenever they see each other.

All of the things Mitch and I did. I was replaced in an instant.

I couldn't help but feel completely heart broken.

This didn't feel like the end of high school. It felt like the end of my life!