what happened in cape town?

okay so now you probably want to know what pete told frank. this is that. also i just wanna say i knOw jon would never. okay continue

"okay let me sit you down for this," said pete. frank was ecstatic for what was to come. "so ryan and brendon were bickering just like pretty much every couple. as a joke, spencer and jon had started to take sides on the argument," pete said, and sighed. frank already knew where this was going. "as you may already know, jon took ryan's side and spencer took brendon's side." frank looked into pete's eyes and he swore that he saw a flash of northern downpour. pete continued, "the next day, everyone had forgotten about the argument, but jon sensed tension in the situation. you know how jon is, he always likes to point things out," pete laughed, but frank just felt a pain in his heart. "so he said to ryan, 'did you give up your stance on the argument or what?' ryan glanced over at jon and spencer just to see the two looking right back at him. brendon felt tense so he looked over and saw what was happening. he said, 'what's going on?' spencer, being the pacifist in the group, tried to sort out the altercation. jon cut him off and said that ryan still wanted to fight brendon, which obviously wasn't true. so they continued to fight until all of a sudden ryan said 'IF YOU DISAGREE SO STRONGLY WITH JON AND I, WHY DON'T WE JUST LEAVE THEN?' brendon tried to apologize to ryan, but it was too late. 'come on jon. let's go.' although jon didn't really want to leave his best friends, him and ryan had plans for making music together. spencer and brendon looked at jon with sadness in their eyes, and he looked back at them with the same expression. as ryan and jon were leaving, spencer and brendon told each other that they'll never leave the band and if there was an issue, they would sort it out. and yeah, that's basically the whole story of what happened in cape town. i mean, if we look at the bright side, at least the split brought brendon and spencer closer," pete said laughing, hoping to lighten the mood. frank agreed, looking off into the distance. pete told frank not to tell anyone, but he literally went home and told eva the whole story.