Am I Dreaming?

I do not own Life is Strange or any of its characters, nor do I own Carmilla or any of its characters. God, these two are so cute, just- gahh I'm going to try to write now.

      You awoke to the sun shining through your curtains, the air warm and dense. You blinked few times, rubbing your eyes and stretching.  Beside you, you reached out a hand and searched blindly until you felt Chloe's skin graze your fingertips. Smiling sleepily, you inched over until your body was pressed against hers, curled up against her chest. 

      She grumbled something and pulled you closer, wrapping her arm around your waist as you buried your face in her neck. You blinked to keep your eyes open, but they fluttered closed with the weight of sleep, and you sighed. A shiver ran down your spine as Chloe traced your bare back with her finger tips, and you felt her smirk as she kissed the top of your head. 

      "Good morning, N/N..." She said in a husky, sleepy tone that spread a warmth through your body, fire licking its way through your veins. You tilted your head up and peered at her from under your eyelashes, and she planted a soft chaste kiss to your lips, dry with the humidity of the room. 

      "Mm.. Are you on breakfast duty this morning?" You asked, and she chuckled, sitting up leaving you cold without her body heat to warm you. She swung her feet around and hopped off the bed, and you forced your eyes to open. 

      "Aren't I always?" She smiled, grabbing her clothes from off the floor and dressing herself. You just smiled and got out of bed as well, grabbing your robe from its hanger beside the closet and putting it on. You walked up behind her and wrapped your arms around her waist, kissing the spot between her shoulder blades. "You do make the best pancakes." 

      The two of you made your way downstairs, Spongebob blaring from the TV in the living room as you made your way to the kitchen. You made yourself a cup of coffee as Chloe started on breakfast, before popping your head into the living room. A little girl sat watching the television program, her face inches from the screen. You sighed, chuckling slightly. 

      "Honey what have we said about getting that close to the screen?" You chided, walking into the room. The child turned her attention to you, pouting. "It's bad for my eyes.." She said, standing up and walking over to you. "Good morning Mommy." She said, kissing you on the cheek before moving to sit in front of you. 

      You smiled and set down your coffee, taking a hairbrush from the side table and gently combing her hair, before sectioning it off and braiding it. You tied it off with a hair tie she picked out, and she hugged you before running into the kitchen to see Chloe. 

      You sat there for a moment though. You didn't know why, but her hug just seemed so.. right. Her little arms around your neck, the way she smiled at you.. it sent this feeling through you, this.. blossoming. But you couldn't figure out why you were feeling this way. This was your every day. The norm. So why did it feel so strange?It was the perfect life. It felt, in a way, a little too perfect, actually....

      You shrugged it off, standing and grabbing your coffee. You walked into the kitchen, leaning against the door frame as you watched Chloe and your daughter stir the pancake mix, splattering it on the counter tops occasionally. Chloe laughed as she splattered the mix on herself, lifting your girl up and onto her shoulders. 

      You smiled, and you were at the park. 

      Chloe was laying the grass, spread out in the shade of a big oak tree, your daughter playing on the children's play equipment nearby. Danny and Nate sat on a bench a few paces from you, watching their own children laugh and run about. You sat down in the grass next to your wife, feeling her hand grasp yours and intertwine your fingers. 

      It was a warm summer day, and the sun was high in the sky, sucking the moisture from the air. You remembered your own childhood as you heard the music coming from an ice cream truck pulling up to the park. The children all flocked to their parents, your daughter included. She jumped on Chloe, earning a groan and a chuckle as the blue haired woman dug a few dollars out of her wallet. She took her by the hand, now standing, and your little girl turned to look at you, holding out her hand. "Come on, Mommy, lets get ice cream." She said.

      You nodded, and you were beside the truck. 

      You each had a Popsicle and were making good progress on it, hurrying to finish the treat before it dripped messily over your fingers. The three of you finished and read the jokes printed on the sticks before tossing them in the trash. 

      You blinked, and you were at home.

      You were washing dishes, Chloe clearing off the table as your daughter ran upstairs to get in the bath. She smiled at you, and you smiled back, kissing her on the cheek.

      You pulled away and you were in your daughters room, the walls decorated pink and purple. her eyes fluttered closed as you read her a story.

      You closed the book, and you were in your bed, your hands tangled in Chloe's hair as she kissed your jawline. 

      The clock stuck midnight. You awoke to the sun shining through your curtains, the air dense and warm. This wasn't real. 

~_~_~_~_~_~-_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

      "Now ma'am calm down please.. tell us what happened." The police said, his voice calm as he questioned Chloe. Your fiance was in tears, a look of horror frozen on her face. 

      "We- We woke up.." She started, wiping her eyes. "We woke up, and we went downstairs.. She went first and- and-.."

      "And?" He gently prodded, resting a hand on her shoulder comfortingly as they loaded you into the ambulance. 

      "She- she tripped... I tried to grab her hand... But she fell.. And- and she hit her head on the rail.. and- and-.." Chloe shut her eyes tight, trying to block out the sight. The sight of you falling from the second step, her hand just inches from yours, missing by a hair, how you crumpled as your head collided with the railing. She cringed, and the officer nodded. 

      "I'm sorry, but they'll take good care of her you know.. Now go on, if you want to ride with her to the hospital..." He led her to the ambulance and helped her inside. 

      She took your hand in hers, holding onto it tight as they drove you to the hospital.