ii.

The students that have come to visit are said to be elites, a private group, called the Young Heroes Association. Shouto hears about them before once, from a string of words tumbling out of his father's mouth at home after a long day tending to work. Only a few among many are elected to become a part of them; the students are trained by infamous heroes from overseas and aboard Japan and their facilities they provide come in a top notch quality.

He gets an invitation to join them before, in an envelope where it is consisted of promises that would grant him an opportunity to let his talents flourish in the journey he embarks but alas, Shouto turns the invitation down.

Instead, he goes to the UA where he also gets an offer to become a student there. His father seems a bit distraught with his decision but he becomes pleased by the end when he gives it a thought.

He could list a few reasons why. One, the group is rarely ever heard of and for them to be called the elites, it's understandably strange, quite unusual, because the media has never talked about them and not once have they showed up in any timeline on his feed or web articles. From a logical view, perhaps this is what it means to be a private group. While they sound definitely intriguing ( In fact, it would be a lie if he is to deny how he does feel tempted to accept the offer at first ) the lack of any information on them is still disturbing. Therefore, there remains a possibility that the private group could be a hoax, a deception, a lieー a trap formed by evil masterminds to lure out the young ones they've seen that are promising.

Yet here they are, a group of elites he's only ever heard a little about, in flesh and real before his eyes.

There's three of them up on the front, one boy and two girls, in the glory of their navy colored uniforms with a logo stitched onto the patch of pocket on the front of their blazers. The class is cooing in amusement after Aizawa introduces them to the newcomers with some in-depth details about their group but Shouto sits still in the back, quiet, with a gaze intending to observe.

"Well then, introduce yourself." Aizawa walks away from his desk to stand by the side of the room. "You now have the front stage all to yourself."

"Oh, me first! I want to go first!" One of the girls shout, the volume of her voice loud enough to catch people off guard as she excitedly jumps out into the front but what comes after is a flurry of movements as the girl bows too fast. "I'm ______. Pleased to meet you!"

There's no doubting that her eagerness has managed to tear away everyone's attention and land on her. For a moment, the class is surprised, clearly taken aback by the pour of her easy-going attitude that spills like a drop of light that Shouto too has to squint at how the scene playing in front of him is suddenly a little too bright. A pressing silence comes afterwards, and as every second ticks by with the audience continuously staring at her in astonishment, the girl's face gets more and more red.

Then the magical effect shatters when a burst of laughter comes from another girl behind her.

"See? This is what happens when you get too over excited, ______!" She comes up forward, her black hair pulled into a short ponytail swaying by the side, as she reaches forward to sling an arm around ______'s  shoulder. "You can call me Kari. This girl over here tends to get excited easily so I apologize for that."

"H-hey!"

"And that guy at the back there is Hazaki." She points at the tall boy, whose hair is blond, messy, and short-curled, leaning against the board and seemingly trying to blend into the background. Somehow, his looks reminds Shouto of a character he's seen a few times in a sports anime poster. Something about volleyball, he thinks.

"Please take care of us!" Kari shouts, and together, the three of them ( two, actually ) bowed to the class as they clap for them.

Shouto, on the other hand, remains thoughtful, curious, pondering over how strong these students claimed to be a part of the Young Heroes Association elites could be. Their quirks, their training progressー and suddenly, Shouto wants to know everything about them and what is it exactly that makes them special. But in the end, he keeps his questions to himself, mouth sewn shut throughout the whole questioning session where anyone gets to ask them what they'd like to know.

"So, um. What are your quirks?" Midoriya shoots them a question that Shouto has in mind, tilting his head to the side. Then everyone waits, listening, expecting an answer and only a few catches onto how the trio by the front has sent one another a knowing smile.

It's ______ who answers him when she lifts a finger to put it at the center of her lips. "Well, that's for you to figure out."

...

A/N: Sorry for the incredibly long wait and only to end up giving you guys this very short and unsatisfying chapter. ;; I've been busy dealing with a lot of IRL stuff lately so I hope you all understand! I promise that I'll give you guys a better chapter definitely longer than this.