» 04

kang daniel

jisung was the one who rose his hand first, and that was the moment when i wanted to punch his face real bad.

it's not like i don't want to perform, it's just that i'm still not in the right mind and that I'm scared that i'll mess up because my uncontrolled rage. we got up from our seats and went backstage, given a spare time to prepare ourselves.

"for god's sake, why did you raise your hand?!" jinwoo hits jisung's back (i didn't have to do it anymore because i got it covered by him), causing him to wrench in pain. "we could've waited longer if it wasn't for you!"

jisung's face curls into a scowl. "what's wrong with not coming out first? we could be a lot calmer after getting our ranks."

"we wouldn't be able to do it if we weren't ready, idiot!" jaehan mutters under his breath. "especially at the condition when the current only a ranked trainee is a 16 year old legendary golden boy."

i was only able to nod along because a: my role wasn't important enough as a maknae and b: getting mad would only end up spreading more negative vibes. so while the hyungs were still busy arguing, i decided to look around backstage and eventually encounter a tiny ray ball of sunshine.

"hello," i greet the young boy, the one and only maknae lee woojin.

he gives out a big grin, a grin that certainly made my whole day. "hyung."

"good luck!" i couldn't resist but to give him a hug, as he was so huggable and he literally changed the shitty atmosphere. "ehehe, nice to meet you."

great, now he might see me as that one creepy hyung with pink hair. but i don't mind, as he just successfully restore my good mood.

-

ong seungwoo

"trainees from mmo, please proceed to the main stage."

i immediately straighten my position, bluntly examining their appearance. i could feel haknyeon's eyes trailing over me, suspecting something because i always look different any time the mmo trainees show up, but i didn't return his gaze and shower him with explanation. i just keep my focus locked unto the stage.

"hello, we are trainees from mmo. please take care of us!" they greet with a bow and the other trainees embrace them by clapping.

"yoon jisung," boa clears her throat and she forwards her gaze to the older trainee.

"yes, sunbaenim?"

"you're a singer?" she asks as she reads their profile on the specified papers.

"y-yes, sunbaenim."

boa smiles innocently and averts her eyes. "are you nervous, jisung?"

jisung chuckles. "yes, sunbaenim."

her embracing gaze suddenly turns into a glare. "then don't." she says mercilessly. "a five years trainee is more obliged to be confident with their skill."

wrong move. jisung only nods and bows in poise. "yes, sunbaenim."

taewoong was then asked about how their company was doing, and how it went through series of events evolving from b2m to mmo. euigeon explained to me once the history of his company, and it still leaves me questioning as to why he still doesn't have second thoughts of leaving.

"we are anticipating your performance then," boa says blankly, placing her elbow on the table.

the boys performed to got7's hard carry (aka my jam) and euigeon unsurprisingly became the main rapper. i wouldn't leave a comment for his vocals but he is undeniably stable for his rap. the performance was pretty clean, though i felt like it wasn't quite special and it is basically a ripoff of the original song. at the end, boa only let out a sigh that is quite difficult to decode.

the evaluation ends with jisung and jinwoo receiving an f, jaehan and taewoong receiving a d where as daniel had himself at b.

b. my heart palpitates quicker than i thought. i have to get nowhere near that rank.

-