John Laurens x Reader

A/N: I just had to write another story about my precious cinnamon roll. I'm actually using a prompt! For this story it is.... "She is the most beautiful girl - WAit.. DID SHE JUST BEAT MY HIGH SCORE?!" and yes I looked for a prompt on a story and add my own part so I apologize for that in advance!

Today Peggy and I were heading to the arcade, the only reason she convinced me is because she said there was a dancing game. My speciality.

As we walked in you could hear the cheers and laughter of people around, but a majority of the noise came from a group of guys. Of course we knew who they were, it was Alex, John, Lafayette and Hercules.. by the looks of it they dragged poor Aaron with them.

Peggy and I smirk at each other and walk up to the guys. "Hey guys!"

They all turn around and wave at us. "Hey Y/N and Peggy."

"So Y/N and I were wondering if you guys would like to go against us in a Dance Battle?" That definitely got their attention.

"Your on. Both teams choose 2 people to dance!" Alex suggests.

"That sounds fair, obviously only Peggy and I will be going." I say. The guys discuss out who they will have dance.

"Okay we chose Hercules and John as our dancers, may the battle begin!" Lafayette says.

First Hercules and Peggy go against each other, who knew Hercules knew how to dance. The competition was intense, Peggy's score was higher by 110 points, the guys were yelling at Hercules to step up his game.

Then there is Peggy, she seems so relaxed dancing, I mean we took quite a few dance classes together.

I walked off a little bit because I noticed Aaron left to sit at a table. I sat across from him. "You okay? You seem like you're sick."

He turns my attention to me and reassures me. "I'm okay Y/N, I just didn't want to come to this place. Those idiots over there dragged me here. Almost literally."

I giggled, we carried on our conversation for a little bit. Then I had the feeling that someone was watching, I didn't want to look behind me so instead I stood back up and told Aaron I'll prepare to dance.

I turned around to find John staring at me. He quickly turned away to face the two still furiously dancing; scores so close to each other's.

He looked jealous? I joined the others once again finding that Peggy only lost by 10 points! Well they both did put up good competition.

Now it was my turn. I was going against John and God knows he is pretty good when I comes to dancing or competition.

The music started to play again and the game begun, we had followed each step in both interesting and amazing ways. The group was cheering both of you on and even Aaron decided to get up at watch.

"I'm not losing to you Laurens!" I yell, we have been going at this for a solid 20 minutes now. You see this is our favorite thing we do every other week.

"Neither am I! I'm the king of dancing!" John yells back.

More intense minutes past and I thought of an idea. "Hey John?" I ask over the music.

"Yeah?" "You're face is hot!" I yell.

"Wait what?!--" He gets distracted while I'm smirking knowing I won by the score on the screen. Saying "Y/N wins!"