Part 3

I blinked. Once. Twice. Three times before my eyes adjusted to the bright lights. 

"You're in the hospital, you were in a car accident and you have some minor injuries." A deep voice from my right said.

"Well, no shit Sherlock." I managed to croak, my throat felt like sandpaper. How long had I been out of it? 

The voice chuckled before I felt a straw being pressed to my lips and I gulped down the cool liquid gratefully.

“What happened…?"

“You were in a car crash.” I knew that, I also knew that I was only in the car because I had found James and Jasmine in bed together, my own twin and my boyfriend. I felt my eyes glazing over with tears and I started to turn my head away from the stranger who was in the room but a slightly rough hand grabbed my chin gently keeping my face looking up. My head was slowly turned to the right and I blinked before looking over at the stranger. I recognised him… My eyebrows crinkled in confusion before the vaguely familiar person smiled slightly.“You don’t recognise me, huh?” I shook my head, stopping suddenly when I got dizzy and my vision blurred. Before he could introduce himself another, older man walked in. 

“Ahh you’re awake Ashlee, good good. I’m Doctor Yates and I’ve been monitoring you since you were admitted.”

"When was that?”

“When were you admitted? Let’s see around 3 days ago, there’s no permanent damage but we had to keep you sedated to ensure that there was no brain damage and so we could run some other tests without disturbing you.”

“What’s the damage doc??”

“You have a broken right leg and right arm as well as some minor lacerations in multiple place and a minor burn to the right side of your neck and collarbone area from the heat of the airbag but other than that you’re fine.”

“Thank you, will I be able to walk before the start of the term?”

“With the assistance of crutches, yes you will but the break to your shin is quite severe and your kneecap is badly damaged. Both will eventually heal but this will take a lot of time and patience.

“Thanks again.” I could feel myself zoning out thinking about how difficult the start of the year would be if I was unable to walk, especially in a university I didn’t really know. I could hear some murmuring in the background but my mind was racing considering how I was going to be able to carry out my plans of moving to London as soon as possible if I couldn’t drive, guess I was just going to have to stick around for a bit… Great just what I wanted to do after everything that had happened.

 “My stuff…? My guitar?”

"It’s all fine, you have a pretty sturdy guitar case and the amount of stuff you packed into the back of that little car stopped most of it moving and becoming damaged. Your car, however, needs repairing. Badly.”

I could hear his footsteps as he walked towards the bed until I could see his face again. Sticking his hand out towards me, he introduced himself. 

“Cameron, an old friend of James’” Well, shit.