Part 7

Around 11pm that night the guys decided they were gonna leave my apartment so that I could get some sleep. Don’t get me wrong they were awesome people to hang out with but I was super tired despite being in bed constantly for the past few days. I guess I have a valid excuse though - walking around on crutches is a hell of a lot of effort! Anyway the guys tidied up after themselves with Cam refusing to let me do much of anything for myself, not that Chase and Tristan seemed to disagree with him. So after a hug from each of the guys and a cheeky grin from Tristan I decided that going to bed seemed like the best thing to do. Thankfully I had already put fresh bedding on the bed in my bedroom so I was able to climb on in and snuggle up. Pulling the covers up to chin and wriggling around it took me about 5 minutes to get comfy and then within seconds I was asleep. Pain meds really do work wonders.

I woke up the next morning feeling super refreshed and flipped over onto my side to check the time on my phone. Wait. I don’t have a phone. Damn. Oh well, deciding it didn’t matter whether it was 8 am or 11 am I rolled over off of the bed careful not to push on my right leg too much. Limping over towards my bag I sat on the floor next to it so I didn’t have to balance while I looked for clothes to wear. Whilst I was searching through my bag for clothes that would be easy to put on over a cast, not easy considering most of my clothes were skinny jeans, I spotted the paint, brushes and sheets that I had bought whilst I was in London a few weeks ago. I’d been walking round town ttrying to get to know the area when on a whim I decided to go into the hardware store. After not being able to choose a colour to paint my room I decided I’d buy a range of colours and just splatter them randomly on the wall. What the heck. I was going to be in a cast for at least the next six weeks if not longer and I certainly didn’t want my apartment staying undecorated for that long. Grabbing a pair of spandex gym shorts and an oversized tshirt that I usually slept in I decided that they would be perfect for painting in, plus the spandex would stretch enough to slip over my cast.

Once I had dressed and thrown my hair into a messy ponytail I took some pain meds since I knew I wasn’t going to be using crutches much if I was going to be painting. Pulling the bed forward away from the wall proved to be a struggle. The bed wasn’t particularly heavy but it took me a while of shuffling the bed slowly, sitting on the floor attempting to move to it and a lot of huffing and puffing on my part. Finally after around half an hour I had moved the bed far enough away from the wall that I would be able to paint the wall behind the bed. On my way to get a glass of water I flicked the tv and selected a random music station playing old school tunes, turning up so I could hear it in the bedroom I made my way back and grabbed the sheets I had bought. Placing one over my chest of drawers, another over the end of the bed and a third on the floor I checked that everything was covered before I cracked open the first can of paint. Currently my cast was white so I had absolutely zero issues concerning getting paint on that.

The first paint can turned out to be black, good start I guess. Start with the darkest colour. Dipping a small brush into the paint I flicked it towards the wall, completely satisfied with the result. I continued a few more times before I began to realise that this was actually getting rid of some of my anger towards James. Laying the brush on the lid of the black paint tin I grabbed another and dipped it in the next tin, turquoise. Doing the same thing again it started to became therapeutic, I found myself loudly singing to songs I recognised as I painted my wall. When I was satisfied there was enough turquoise paint on my cast as well as the wall I placed the brush on the lid much like I had with the black brush. Next was the green paint. It was whilst I was in the middle of splattering the wall in neon green paint that I heard a loud banging on my front door. Grabbing my crutches from where they were resting next to my bedroom door I hopped towards the front door.