11.

Louis' POV

"I'm not ready." Louis said anxiously. He was back in the chair.
"Yeah you are."
"How would you know?"
"You stopped crying."
Harry was right. Louis had cried for the last half an hour over all of that stupid shit. He cried about being such a baby, he cried about needing all this comfort, he cried because he was waisting everyone's time, but most of all he cried because he was scared shitless. "I don't want to do this."
"Lou, it's the only way to get you out of pain." Harry said, unconsciously chewing on his bottom lip. He had a mask pulled down under his chin, a look Louis hated on him. Way too dentist-y. 
"I know." Louis sighed. "What exactly are you going to do?"
Harry smiled at the cooperation and patted Louis' shoulder. "Well first I'm going to make sure you feel nothing at all, then I'm going to clip on a rubber dam, that's a rubbery sheet to isolate the tooth and then I'm going to prepare the tooth so I can access all the canals well. Then I'm just going to remove the pulp tissue and disinfect everything before I seal that tooth." He explained in a formal manner. 
Louis gulped. "That sounds terrible, why would you choose to do this for a living?" 
Harry chuckled. "It's fun, but I doubt you believe me..."
"You're right, I don't."
"That's okay." Harry said, patting Louis' shoulder again. "Is it okay if I lean you back and check if you're numb enough?"
Louis took a few deep breaths. "Alright, let's get this over with." 
Harry smiled fondly. "You're doing amazing, I'm so proud." He said before he pressed a button. 
Louis' stomach turned again when he was leaned back. He hated that feeling of vulnerability that he got in this position, head down, kind of dizzy, and he was terribly glad that Harry had forced him to take that pill this morning. Any more stress and Louis was sure he'd have a heart attack. 
"Can you open your mouth for me, love?" Harry asked. He held a cotton ball between a pair of tweezers and some kind of spray in the other hand. Louis didn't even want to know what that was.
Louis closed his eyes and slowly opened his mouth. 
"Very good." Harry praised and Louis felt how he put his hands in his mouth. "Okay, tell me if you feel any kind of cold sensation from the tooth." Harry said. 
Louis tried to concentrate. He felt the cold in his mouth and he could taste something kind of minty, but there was no kind of cold sensation from the tooth. 
A while later Harry retracted his hands and Louis' mouth snapped shut. "Did you feel that at all? Be honest, there is no shame in it, I'll just need to numb you a little more, then." He said in his deep voice as he stroked Louis' non numb cheek. Despite being so scared the body contact with Harry still gave him goose bumps, but in a good way.
"I didn't feel it." Louis answered honestly. 
"That's great. That means we're good to go." Harry said clapping his hands once. 
Louis felt like he was going to throw up. He shook his head. 
"Awe, Louis, love." Harry said. He embraced Louis' trembling body. "You trust me?"
Louis nodded. 
"I would never hurt you, right?"
Louis shook his head. "Never." He said quietly. He was sure of that. It was something Harry had promised him from the beginning. That he would never hurt him, not emotionally, but not physically, either.
"I promise, if you need a break you can just raise your hand and we'll give you the time you need. If you feel anything it's the same ordeal. Just raise your hand."
Louis nodded. "Okay. Please be careful." He said, barely audible. 
Harry laughed his adorable laugh and Louis concentrated on Harry's dimples. "Always." He said, stroking Louis' head.  "You might want to listen to music, as I doubt you'll be a fan of the noises. 
Louis nodded. "You know me so well." He joked, trying to loosen the tension. He took out his phone an put on some loud music, but kept one of the earphones out. 
"Okay, Lou. Open when you're ready." 
Louis put the other earphone in and started massaging his palm. He could feel Harry's presence, which was weirdly calming and he reluctantly closed his eyes and opened his mouth again. 

The rubber dam being clamped on was kind of weird. Louis could feel the metal tugging into his gums and he tasted a bit of blood, but he did his best to ignore it. He had a hard time breathing for a moment until he realised he also had a nose to breath through. 
Then Harry's job started. Louis was trying hard not to concentrate on the vibrations he felt in his jaw. Harry was right, it didn't really hurt, but there was still the sensation of the hands in his mouth that were doing stuff that shouldn't be done to a mouth.
Louis felt pretty on the edge the whole time Harry was drilling out the decay and when a song was more quiet for a second he could hear the high pitched noise of the hand piece that induced and instant need to flee. He wouldn't fuss about it, though. He was doing this now. Instead of jumping up the just closed his eyes more tight. The first time he did that Harry even stopped working for a second and removed one of Louis' earphones. 
"Everything alright, love? Any pain?" Harry asked in a nervous voice. 
Louis didn't really feel okay, but he knew that wasn't what Harry meant. He took the moment of the break to relax his body a second before he gave Harry a thumbs up and plugged the earphone back in. He hadn't opened his eyes, anyway, because the thought of seeing Harry in full working gear was just terrifying. 
Louis hated the smell of burned tooth dust. The good thing about the rubber dam was that he couldn't taste it, which was nice. It had been years since Louis had gotten his last filling, but he still remembered that awkward taste he didn't know how to describe. Louis really wondered why Harry enjoyed this job. It was disgusting...
A good amount of time in the vibration stopped and Louis earphone was removed again. 
"I'm done with the preparation of that tooth, now I'm going to remove all the infected tissue, okay? There will be some stuff sprayed around with ultrasound, don't worry about it, okay? It's EDTA to disinfect everything." 
Louis didn't know what EDTA was, but it wasn't like he cared. He didn't want to know what Harry was doing anyway. All he wanted was to go home. 
"This will take a while, again, if you need  a break just raise your hand." Harry explained again. 
Louis nodded. He really wanted to get this over with and he was glad he hadn't been in pain yet. He couldn't relax, though, knowing that it was only a matter of time until he was going to be in pain. Hadn't everyone that ever got a a root canal said it hurt? Why would they be lying?
They picked everything up again. Louis was looking at Harry talking to his assistant and they agreed on something. He wished he hand't looked. Harry looked so professional in this environment and it made Louis uncomfortable. Every muscle in his body got tense and he had the urge to jump out of the chair, run out and never come back. But he couldn't do that. He needed to get this over with. Do it for Harry.
Louis tried to relax into the chair as well as he could and concentrate on the lyrics of the song that was playing. He could feel them starting. He could literally feel them scarping out the nerve tissue. Louis hated it, it smelled really weird and there was some kind of raspy feeling in his jaw bone. Literally in the bone... Whom ever developed this technique must have been some kind of sadistic asshole, really. 
Louis' jaw was starting to ache from being open for so long and he really felt the need to close his mouth. It even felt like it was going on forever. Louis listened to the album two and a half times before he felt everything being removed from his mouth and Harry tried to interact with him again.
"I need to take a final x-ray before we get to leave, love."
Finally. Louis nodded eagerly and the two left the room for a second. 
Harry had removed his mask and was massaging Louis a little, which was nice before the x-ray was pulled up. "Looks great. You're basically done. I'm just going to seal everything nice and tight." Harry said happily before he started mixing up some kind of shit. 
Louis was still sitting there awkwardly when Harry put the goo into the hole in his tooth. 
"All done." Harry said happily. He unclamped the metal ring from Louis' tooth and took off the rubber. "Just flossing some stuff off... Okay, perfect." He said with a loud snap from the floss. 
Louis closed his mouth in excitement. "About time, my jaw hurts like crazy."
Harry looked at him wide eyed. "You weren't in pain, were you? Oh my god, I'm so-"
Louis shook his head with a chuckle. "No, baby. Just because my mouth was open for so long. That root canal felt terrible, but nothing was painful, I must admit."
Harry sighed in relief. "It might feel a bit weird, because I removed the cusps to access the tooth and you're getting a crown, anyways. And you might be a bit sore for the next few days. I'll give you some codeine." He said with the cutest smile. "I'm so fucking proud of you, Louis. You brave little one..." He said before pulling Louis in one of the most awkward, but still most loving kisses they had ever shared. 

Okay, tell me, do you want more? I'm thinking Louis still has a few cavities that should be filled. I could also have Harry in the chair or something. Tell me what you want, if you do want me to write more!