Part 2:The Hospital 🏥

The next morning I woke up beside a still sleeping George.

Somebody must have moved me into the bed with him.

Last thing I remember from last night was crying myself to sleep in the chair next to George's bed.

I sat up groggily and found Paul and John sleeping on the two couches, and Ringo asleep in the chair where I had sat for two days straight watching over George.

Slowly I climbed out of the bed,careful not to hurt George's burns.

I looked around at the sleeping Beatles and giggled to myself at the sight.

As I began to wake up, I decided I would go grab some tea and biscuits from the hospital cafeteria.

As I walked down the hallway toward the café I over heard two nurses talking.

"One of the Beatles got caught I that terrible fire."

The first nurse said.

"Oh yes I went in to see him,George was his name."
I slowed the pace in my step as I heard the second nurse mention George's name.

"The poor thing, must have been awful.

They say he still hasn't woken up from the shock of the pain."

The first nurse replied.

"Yes, terrible tradegey. He is quite cute though,I wonder if he has a girlfriend!?"

I rolled my eyes at the nurses as they giggled.

The news of George was obviously spreading fast, and to make it worse girls were starting to like him.

I arrived at the cafeteria and quickly ordered five teas, and a plate of biscuits.

When I got back to George's room the lads were sitting around chatting about George.

"I hope she knows its not her to blame."

I only caught part of what Paul was saying as I walked into the room,my arms full of tea and biscuits.

"Oh there you are Reesy we were starting to get worried."

Paul took the plate of biscuits from my hand and set them on the table.

I handed them each there tea, we all sat and stared over at George waiting with anticipation hopeful he would wake up while we ate and drank our tea.

"When do you suppose the lad will wake up?"

John leaned back against the couch.

I shook my head in despair.

"The doctor said it could take three or four days."

Paul nodded his head and turned to John.

"Plus the medication for the smoke, its supposevly to help clear it out of his lungs."

I nodded my head.

"Yeah and the doctor said that would make him drowsy also."

I glanced over at Ringo who seemed to be thinking very hard about something.

He stared down at his hands in his lap and had a very concentrated face.

"Hey Rings, you okay."

Not even looking up at me he nodded his head very slowly.

I smiled halfly, then went back to thinking about George.

"If he doesn't wake up soon, I may loose my mind.
I dont think I can sit here another second without hearing his sweet voice."

The last part came out with a crack from me trying to hold back my tears.

Ringo slowly came and sat beside me on the couch.

He cradled me in his arms as lay my head on his shoulder.

I let the tears fall onto Ringo as I kept my eyes on George.

I needed him, so much.
*************************

Sorry for such short chapters😣 These next ones should be regular length 😄💓💓