Pat/Tap/Poke

"What was all that about" said J as we held hands and skipped out of the arena. "How come you got so emotional?"
"I dunno" I shrugged. "I kind of don't want to talk about it?"
"Haha okay I understand"
"But apart from that J, how did you like the concert? Didn't I tell you he was a man of many talents?"
"If by 'many talents' you mean singing and salsa dancing on stage..."
"Shut up J he likes salsa dancing"
"Whatever. But yeah Sash he was pretty good. I should listen to more of his music."
"DID JADE PARKER JUST SAY SHE'S GOING TO LISTEN TO SHAWN MENDES' MUSIC? I DON'T BELIEVE IT" I teased.
Jade smiled and wiggled her eyebrows.
***
"Oh my god wow look at this traffic" exclaimed Jade as she pointed at the crammed roads full of people honking.
"Well that's Toronto for you. Toronto traffic + after-concert traffic." I sighed.
Jade looked at me with a scowl "If you hadn't dragged me to this concert I could have been at home playing video games."
"What are you J, like, 7?"
I received yet another scowl.
"So I'll call an Uber then?" said J, except she wasn't really asking me because she was scrolling through her phone and had already called the cab by the time she finished asking me the question.
***
By the time the Uber arrived, which was about half an hour later, there was literally no one outside the venue. It was dark and deserted, started getting creepy.
The Uber greeted us with three honks followed by a fairly large and bulky cab driver shouting "Yo jump in I don't have time to wait".
Jade got in and gestured for me to follow her. I put one leg in but then I dropped my 'signed poster' that I had received, so I got out to get it.
I turned around to walk back to the cab, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was sort of like a pat/tap/poke. Huh. I turned around.
There was like a super tall guy standing there, and it looked like he was crying, but that was just a shadow. He had a huge grin on his face.
"Hey" he said.
No frickin way.
"Shawn!!??"
_____
Hey! I understand that I've just started writing and I'm not good but I enjoy it. I'd really like to know what you guys think and how I can improve. Enjoy!
<3 shawnprfiction