Obsession (Sequel to Possession)

In Inashiro's dugout, Narumiya stares at the ground wide-eyed with a depressing and terrified aura around him. "What's wrong, Mei?" Carlos asks him. "I've never... seen Kazuya with that expression before." Mei responds in a small voice. "So what?" Shirakawa exclaims. "It's mainly your fault that he made that expression in the first place. Why did you even charge towards the mound? It wasn't that pitcher's fault for almost hitting you." "But an ace shouldn't be faltered by some measly noise!" Mei retorts. "Not everyone can be like you, Narumiya!" Itsuki butts in. "OI! DON'T BUTT IN!" The 2 then start bickering, like always. "I can't tell if those 2 make a good pair or not..." States Shirakawa. "Yeah." Replies Carlos.

Back on the field, Miyuki pulls away from Sawamura and brings his hand up to wipe the tears off of Sawamura's face. "There, you feeling better?" Miyuki asks in a calm and gentle voice with a soft smile. Usually, it's Miyuki that gets mesmerized in Sawamura's golden eyes, but at that moment, the way that Miyuki's eyes looked-so warm and soft, like melting caramel-it made Sawamura breathless. A blush creeps onto Sawamura's face as he realized that he had been staring, and just buried his face in Miyuki's chest to hide his blush. "O-Oi...!" After what seemed like forever, the 2 finally makes it into the dugout with the rest of the team. Miyuki demands Sawamura to sit down, and he follows. "Ah, here Senpai." Haruichi holds out an ice pack towards Miyuki, and Miyuki takes it into his hands with a "Thanks." Walking back towards Sawamura, he sits down next to him and holds Sawamura's chin between his index finger and thumb. Taken aback by Miyuki's sudden actions, his face flushes with the color red again.

"Just relax." Miyuki says. Tilting Sawamura's head to the side, he places the ice pack on his cheek where the outline of Narumiya's punch is, the colors purple and yellow mixing together forming a bruise. This is nothing compared to what I gave to Mei. Miyuki thinks to himself and smiles internally. Oh, and was Sawamura's skin always this soft? "Miyuki-senpai." Sawamura calls out to him. "Yes?" "Was it my fault that Narumiya got mad and charged towards me?" Sawamura asks in the most innocent and smallest voice Miyuki's ever heard, it almost made his heart race if it wasn't for the gloomy aura around Sawamura. "No, it definitely wasn't your fault. The noise startled you and caused your body to flinch or react to it. Mei just has anger issues."

Unable to believe the words, Sawamura looks down at the ground when Miyuki lets go of his chin. The megane sighs and scratches the back of his neck, searching for the right words to say. After a few seconds of silence, the younger brunette speaks up. "Why were you so mad? I've never seen you that angry, even when I insulted Chris-senpai you didn't look as angry as you did when Narumiya punched me." Miyuki's eyes widen at Sawamura's words, baffling here and there trying to hurry up and find the words he's searching for. "....I'm happy though." Sawamura mumbles so softly, that Miyuki almost missed it. A grin tugs at the corners of the older teen's lips, earning a weird look from Sawamura. "W-why are you happy? Are you a sadist or something?" The latter asks, looking at Miyuki straight in the eye. Miyuki only chuckles in response, even though he's screaming inside and really wants to kiss the younger brunette infront of him.

The game ends with Seido winning, 6-4, because of Inashiro's pitcher being unable to play because of the injuries he's suffering from of a certain someone. Once the team arrives at their school and settled in their dorms, Miyuki decided to visit Sawamura and see how he's doing. If they were to ask, it's totally because he only wants to know if he can still pitch. A knock resounds through the dorm of Kuramochi and Sawamura, and Kuramochi answers it. "Yo." He greets Miyuki, and the latter basically ignores him and looks over Kuramochi's shoulder in search of Sawamura. The green haired boy scowls, "If you're looking for Sawamura, he's still in the baths." he exclaims.

"Oh, I just wanted to see if he's capable of pitching tomorrow." Miyuki lies as his expression saddens, and Kuramochi scoffs in response. "That's a big lie, did you really think I'd fall for it, Shitty-glasses?" He says, and Miyuki's face stiffens. A few seconds of silence pass, and Kuramochi is the first to speak up. "You weren't yourself back there." Despite confusion etching onto Miyuki's face, Kuramochi continues talking. "Words cannot describe how angry you looked, I bet Narumiya was shocked." There was another silence, but it was different than before, and soon, Miyuki couldn't take it anymore. He wants to say it, he needs to say it. "I like Sawamura..." He mumbles, and Kuramochi raises an eyebrow, looking at him with narrowing eyes. "I like Sawamura." He repeats, more louder and sterner, conveying that he was positive about what he had said. Kuramochi studies the megane's serious and slightly pained expression. There's no reason to be hurting, Shitty-Glasses.