secret

Dean's P.O.V

"Wow she's killing it" Josh said as he whistled to Ember.

I rolled my eyes at Josh and watched Ember.

I mean I know we don't know much or anything at all about this girl, but for some reason you can't help but be drawn to her.

It's not just the colorful hair or eyes.

It's the way she instantly connects with people.

It's the way she pushes everyone, including herself, past the limits.

It's the kindness she shows people. I mean just look at us, for once were all normal.

Thanks to her.

Suddenly I began to hear cheering which snapped me back to reality.

Ember had finished the course and now we were all cheering all of the contestants.

Once Michael and Ember waltzed offstage we complimented them.

That's when I saw someone approaching us.

The girl had long rose gold, brown wide eyes, and a small nose piercing.

She was skinny, average height, and fair skinned.

"You've got some nice moves" the girl said causing all of us to turn to her.

"Thanks" Michael said while Ember gave a small nod.

Then the girl turned to Fernanda and Josh, "hey guys" she greeted with a small smile.

They both mimicked her actions, "well I've gotta go" she said as she turned to walk away.

As she left everyone was silent when "who the hell was that girl?" Lia asked.

"Her names Jenna" Fernanda said not really wanting to go into detail.

"Hey where did Ember go" Sloane noticed, we all perked up and searched for her.

"She was here just a second ago" I said as we all continued our search, "well her motorcycles gone" Michael said causing us to all look at the spot where the vehicle was once parked.

"Guess she got tired, she did seem awfully quiet after the course." Cassie said making quit eye contact with me as if asking if I noticed it too.

"Yeah maybe" I said.

"Well I probably should be heading back, I've got loads of homework that even I can't afford to procrastinate anymore." Fernanda said.

"You think you could give us a quick lift" Josh asked Michael.

"Sure thing" Michael said "we might be a little squished though."

"Hey Fernanda if you want I could give you a ride" Chris said as he approached us.

Fernanda began to turn red "n..no..thats..f...fine" she stammered as she quickly walked away.

Chris let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck "o..okay"

We all followed a quick Fernanda, Lia eventually caught up with her and began to talk to her.

All I could think about was the girl we saw, and how quiet Ember suddenly turned.

"Weird right" Cassie asked me as if she was reading my thoughts.

I gave an abrupt nod, "you think she might be hiding something" Cassie asked.

I shrugged.

When we finally reached the car we noticed seats were limited now that Sloane was riding with us.

"Soooo" Michael Began.

"I can sit on Josh's lap" Lia said.

I felt my face begin to warm as I clenched my fists "excuse me" I asked.

"Well it's the only way we'll fit" she said, I looked over to Josh who had turned red and now had a goofy smile.

"Sure, don't care, let's just get going" Michael rushed.

I sighed then grabbed Josh's shirt, "hands to yourself" I growled then let go of his shirt as I hopped in the car.

As we drove everyone made some small talk but it was mostly quiet.

First we dropped off Josh, then Fernanda.

As soon as Fernanda stepped inside her house Michael sharply exited the driveway.

"Woah, what the hell Michael" Lia hissed.

Michael said nothing Just gripped tight onto the steering wheel, then he whispered something to himself.

I couldn't catch what he said, but I could see determination filled in his eyes as he drove with speed around the busy Chicago streets.

I still find it strange as to why Briggs had to move us to the safe house here in Chicago just for this case.

Flashback;

"Alright everyone on the plane." Briggs barked to all of us.

"Why did we gave to leave at 3:00 am, and before school" Ember groaned.

"You all can get your beauty sleep on the plane" Briggs said as he clutched onto a file in his right hand.

"So Briggs when are we going to learn what this mission is about?" Michael asked.

"Like I said, I want you all to get situated before I give you all the details" Briggs said.

"Whatever" Lia said rolling her eyes before she put her eye mask back on.

"I still can't believe we have to go all the way to Chicago for this case, don't we usually just use the files for info" Cassie asked.

"Well that was for cold cases, this is active" Briggs said.

"Really" all of us except for Ember said with wide eyes.

"Go to bed" Briggs shushed us.

End of flashback.

Well, now that I think about it, even then on the plane Ember was strangely quiet.

As if she knew something we all didn't.

As if she was hiding something.

As if she had a secret.