Chapter 1

Evie lifted her gaze from her notebook and focused on the written words at the board that was in front of her. She particularly wasn't the type of girl who didn't pay attention to her classes. But now she was being distracted as her thoughts were being clouded by the people who tormented her every sing day.

She couldn't care less about them but she was worried. Scared even. But one thing she knows is that she needed to avoid them.

Specifically, she needed to avoid a girl with stunning purple hair who also had a sarcastic attitude.

Evie shook her head and mentally slapped herself, thinking that she wasn't in the right state of mind. Besides, why would she think of them at this time of day? Why would she be thinking about her too? They were nothing but bad business.

And they were all nothing but a bunch of self centered jerks.

The bell finally rings and the teacher sighs. She turns around and faces the students saying that they were free to go. Everyone else was ecstatic as they packed their things for lunch. Some of them exited the classroom without even minding to pack their stuff, while others went and talked with their group of friends.

Evie gathered her notebooks and stuffed it inside her bag, arranging them. Although she was hungry, she wasn't really looking forward to eat lunch since she knows that she'll have to face Harry, Gil, Uma, and Mal.

Evie rolled her eyes and finally stood up, leaving her seat. She let her mind drift onto other things but was startled as she met face to face with two familiar boys.

Luckily it wasn't Gil and Harry.

"Hey Evie! Do you want to sit with us during lunch?" Carlos asked with his beaming smile. Jay on the other hand was eager to hear Evie's answer. They haven't actually hung out in a long time after all.

"I'm sorry boys, but I have to say no," Evie said as she faked a frown. Deep inside she knew that if she agreed to eat with Jay and Carlos, Mal and her gang might eventually find them at the cafeteria and disturb them.

Evie knew better than to get her closest friends involved into this.
Besides, Jay and Carlos don't know about Evie's situation and she wants to keep it that way. She wasn't really in the mood to explain or open up about her emotions and problems. She tends to bottle it all up until she just

Snaps.

Jay raised his brow and it was clear to Evie that both of them needed answers. Just a few months ago the three of them were basically inseparable but just after a few weeks, Evie started to drift away.

Once she did finally had time to hang out with them, she was observing their surroundings almost as if she knew that someone was going to pounce on them.

She flinched when Carlos attempted to tap her shoulder but Evie brushed it off, quickly saying that she was just a bit jumpy after finishing up a horror movie.

But both the boys knew that Evie didn't have the willpower to watch or even finish horror movies. She avoided every single horror movie that she comes across, so Jay was a bit surprised when he heard those words coming out from her mouth.

"Oh..." Carlos let out a disappointed sigh, and Jay merely gave him a pat on the back.

"It's cool Evie. Maybe tomorrow then?"

"Sorry Jay, I have this big project coming up and the deadline is next week! I'm going to be packed with work." Evie explained as she tried to act normal.

That project was a lie though.

"Well uh..." Carlos paused for a second then continued, "When are you free?"